Our partner

ASPD boss & NPD employee

Narcissistic Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: mark1958, Echinacea, realityhere

ASPD boss & NPD employee

Postby KingPingX » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:51 pm

Hi everyone,

lets assume the boss is characterised by ASPD (even though he is not aware of that). The employee is characterised by NPD.

How could the pwNPD act in order to benefit from the whole situation. So how would he use his knowledge in order to improve the functioning work relationship and how would the pwNPD be able to minimize the dowsides of such a constellation (through actions or through coping strategies, etc.) ?

I am interested in your ideas.
KingPingX
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:30 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: ASPD boss & NPD employee

Postby Knoxious » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:49 pm

If i were the NPD, i would try my best not to take away the control from my boss. Let him be the boss.. keep my petty comments about how things should run to myself, unless asked. Also, if the boss is of the opposite sex, i would try to arouse them.

Everything else would be situational.

I don't think the NPD has a good chance of getting over on the sociopath. Using his "knowledge". Would someone like to prove me wrong?
- Knox
Knoxious
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:30 am
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby msPerfect » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:54 pm

I don't think they would work for long time together.
NPD would feel superior.
Hurt if AsPD controls him and undermine. NPD would always thing he is better.
One day he will not be able to cope with that.

If situation would be vice versa :mrgreen: NPD boss MAN- Aspd worker WOMAN :mrgreen: would be more interesting.

-- Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:55 pm --

Can I ask here also?

How is union of 2 business partners both AnPD one man one woman?
Would be good?
msPerfect
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:30 am

Postby jordan51 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:28 am

Honestly, I think the pwASPD would be able to see right through the pwNPD. The ASPD boss would have a significant advantage - lack of remorse - and would relentlessly attack the pwNPD, knowing that they can be hurt easily with blows to their ego.
NPD.
jordan51
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:30 am

Postby Philonoe » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:07 am

KingPingX wrote:Hi everyone,

lets assume the boss is characterised by ASPD (even though he is not aware of that). The employee is characterised by NPD.

How could the pwNPD act in order to benefit from the whole situation. So how would he use his knowledge in order to improve the functioning work relationship and how would the pwNPD be able to minimize the dowsides of such a constellation (through actions or through coping strategies, etc.) ?
I am interested in your ideas.

Unaware people are terribly dangerous, particularly as a boss.
Maybe the guy with NPD can wait until all other people are sick or gone?
Philonoe
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:30 pm

Postby dazn153 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:40 pm

jordan51 wrote:Honestly, I think the pwASPD would be able to see right through the pwNPD. The ASPD boss would have a significant advantage - lack of remorse - and would relentlessly attack the pwNPD, knowing that they can be hurt easily with blows to their ego.

I have lived long enough to see/experience it. The NPD is no match for the ASPD (male NPD and female ASPD). The ASPD sees right through the NPD manipulative techniques, which is why the ASPD is above the NPD in the first place.

The NPD will sabotage the ASPD, likely accidentally, and significantly damage the relationship. The ASPD will go into retaliation, knowing how the NPD works. To drive a NPD crazy, make him/her feel insignificant, give him/her no work, etc. It will create significant narc injury to the point where the NPD will go crazy and want to quit.

The only way to benefit the situation is for the NPD to convert into just a worker bee and listen to the ASPD. To state to the ASPD that you know what she is doing and will help her get there at any cost. The ASPD will then rise in career and pull you up with her, or destroy you anyways knowing that you know what is going on. Good luck. The relationship is like oil and fire. If you accidentally ignite her, boom.
Diagnosed partially of each: NPD, BPD, Bipolar 2, OCPD, OCD
Psych Ward: 7 days ER: 2x
dazn153
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:30 am

Postby Philonoe » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:24 pm

That makes sense.

So how will the company end? Who will stay? Who will leave? Who will get sick?
Philonoe
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby dazn153 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:11 am

Philonoe wrote:That makes sense.

So how will the company end? Who will stay? Who will leave? Who will get sick?

Survival of the fittest. Those who are best at manipulation rise together and stick together. They knock out everybody else who will not join their political party. I mean that is how most of society works, no? Politicians? Private "clubs"? :shock: :shock: :shock:
Diagnosed partially of each: NPD, BPD, Bipolar 2, OCPD, OCD
Psych Ward: 7 days ER: 2x
dazn153
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:30 am

Postby Philonoe » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:31 pm

dazn153 wrote:The NPD will sabotage the ASPD, likely accidentally, and significantly damage the relationship. The ASPD will go into retaliation, knowing how the NPD works. To drive a NPD crazy, make him/her feel insignificant, give him/her no work, etc. It will create significant narc injury to the point where the NPD will go crazy and want to quit.

The only way to benefit the situation is for the NPD to convert into just a worker bee and listen to the ASPD. To state to the ASPD that you know what she is doing and will help her get there at any cost. The ASPD will then rise in career and pull you up with her, or destroy you anyways knowing that you know what is going on. Good luck. The relationship is like oil and fire. If you accidentally ignite her, boom.

This is what i experienced.

We were four. One was fired, one got sick, i quit and the last one, the most grandiose, said all the time that he knew what they were doing and would help them get there at any cost.
Philonoe
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby dibita » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:52 pm

I disagree with the person who said that manipulators stick together. Not in the case of an AsPD + NPD coupling, in my experience.

We are capable of bonding and liking others, albeit on a very limited and conditional basis. Everyone is a mark for a sociopath. We care far more about our reputations than they do, and that can act as a control mechanism for our behavior. Nothing will stop a sociopath. If they can legally get away with it somehow, they will do it.

A narcissist will step on your toe to get where they're going, and justify to themselves why it was necessary to maintain their self-esteem.

A sociopath will stomp your head in to get where they're going and take pleasure in doing so.
In therapy for NPD.
dibita
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Next

Return to Narcissistic Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post