Our partner

do you have feelings of emptiness?

Narcissistic Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: mark1958, Echinacea, realityhere

do you have feelings of emptiness?

Postby Ubinix800 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:52 pm

Regardless of whether you're Covert or Overt, do you feel like nothing you ever do will satisfy the inner boredom, and dissatisfaction with your life?
BDD and vulnerable narcissism.
Ubinix800
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:59 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: do you have feelings of emptiness?

Postby Knoxious » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:56 am

I am a generally positive person, but there are some dark aspects to my personality which i can't seem to change. I can be satisfied, but it comes with the expense of nailing my soul to the devil's alter.
- Knox
Knoxious
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:59 am
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Arthur » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:50 am

I think all pwNPD feel empty and bored if they're not getting supply

That's what NPD is. You have narcissistic fantasies, and if you're not pursuing your fantasies your life is marked by feeling bored, lack of willpower (irritability) and negative beliefs.

-- Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:50 am --

I think all pwNPD feel empty and bored if they're not getting supply

That's what NPD is. You have narcissistic fantasies, and if you're not pursuing your fantasies your life is marked by feeling bored, lack of willpower (irritability) and negative beliefs.
Arthur
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby msPerfect » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:31 am

Ubinix800 wrote:Regardless of whether you're Covert or Overt, do you feel like nothing you ever do will satisfy the inner boredom, and dissatisfaction with your life?

I strongly suspect I have Antisotial I am just do not want to go to psychologist to verify that.
Do not want anybody know it. I am hiding :)

But I do not have ANY idea what is to feel EMPTY! I even can not imagine.
And I am doing everything to be satisfied with my life. I have perspectives ideas and plans and doing it.
I am the fighter and I will get what I want as I did before. Now just more new tops in front or me.

I believe any person can do it if promise himself/ herself to get where they want.
and start SERIOUSLY planning. It will take some time may be year or two or may be month. But if you think it will open up the ways to achieve it!
Put this plan into paper and start acting. Never late!

Give up it is easy. we here for the reason! Imagine many souls out there waiting in line to have opportunity to be in the earth to feel, to smell to taste to breath!
and you got TODAY the body and circumstances you have to be lucky to have it. Start think and doors will open!
msPerfect
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:59 am

Postby MeAgain » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:39 pm

The analogy I use is of trudging endlessly through a desert from one oasis of supply to another. Life is just one supendious bore!
30mg Citalopram SSRI Antidepressant
40mg Propranolol Beta Blocker

A mere imp of Satan
MeAgain
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby kaloya123 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:21 pm

Ubinix800 wrote:do you feel like nothing you ever do will satisfy the inner boredom, and dissatisfaction with your life?

No, I don't feel that way. And I have experienced inner boredom only when I have been deeply depressed. I am fully satisfied with my life.

-- Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:23 am --

Arthur wrote:...and if you're not pursuing your fantasies your life is marked by feeling bored, lack of willpower (irritability) and negative beliefs.

I highly agree. You should follow your dream. :D :D :D
OCD+NPD+antisocial behavior (but not ASPD)
kaloya123
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:59 am

Postby WhoElse » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:04 am

Yep. Since I try to suppress my narcissistic side, life seems rather pointless. The things that drove me have always been objectively meaningless, but they worked for me before I knew that.
WhoElse
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:59 am

Postby Philonoe » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:47 am

WhoElse wrote:Yep. Since I try to suppress my narcissistic side, life seems rather pointless. The things that drove me have always been objectively meaningless, but they worked for me before I knew that.

It seems to me that narcissism is part of life. If you have a project, you invest your narcissism in it.
You are happy when it works, it becomes part of you - sort of.

What means "objectively meaningless" - is meaning objectivable?
Philonoe
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby thought00fraught » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:41 am

Yup, I'm bored out of my freaking mind. After a year and a bit of "retirement" I'm giving serious thought to getting back into business, just so I'll have idiots to play with again.

Of course, the reason I got out is I figured that after 20 years of idiot wrangling for 15 hours a day, there had to be something more. Turns out there isn't!
thought00fraught
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:59 pm

Postby WhoElse » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:26 pm

Philonoe wrote:It seems to me that narcissism is part of life. If you have a project, you invest your narcissism in it.
You are happy when it works, it becomes part of you - sort of.

Yeah, but only initially. Sane people can draw satisfaction from a job well done. If you let your narcissism drive you, you just stumble from one challenge to another. It'll burn you out with a lot to show for it, but still only very short term rewards for yourself.

Philonoe wrote:What means "objectively meaningless" - is meaning objectivable?

"Meaning" in the existential sense gives an individual a purpose. Narcissism drives us to achieve things, but it never gives us this feeling of accomplishment sane people experience. The latest thing on my now retired want-list was a yacht. I projected other people's dreams on myself, not knowing the circle jerk that is my own envy. I'd probably have enjoyed the sex and parties for a few weeks, but the actual enjoyment that comes with the hobby would have completely escaped me. I feel it would have been a pointless endeavor. Meaningless.

-- Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:35 pm --

thought00fraught wrote:Of course, the reason I got out is I figured that after 20 years of idiot wrangling for 15 hours a day, there had to be something more. Turns out there isn't!

Funny how that works, isn't it? It appears hand holding idiots is your calling. It's not a small feat. Try to find satisfaction in that. Some of these idiots may even be better at life than yourself. ;-)
WhoElse
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:59 am

Next

Return to Narcissistic Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post