Our partner

Links For Narcissistic Personality Disorder

Narcissistic Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: mark1958, Echinacea, realityhere

Re: Links For Narcissistic Personality Disorder

Postby creative_nothing » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:10 pm

Men are more narcissistic because 'women often receive harsh criticism for being aggressive or authoritative', study shows

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... study.html
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Dx. GAD
Capitalism is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
creative_nothing
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:50 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Pangloss » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:14 pm

I am currently exploring this site, it presents the various definitions of Narcissism along a continuum, and I quite like the humour and levity without the loss of content.

http://n-continuum.blogspot.hk/2013_11_01_archive.html
Pangloss
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:50 pm

Postby Jetjet » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:50 am

http://www.amazon.com/Humanizing-Narcis ... 0393700372

This is a link to a book about trying to move forward for Narcissistic and it is really the only hopeful work I have found. I can't afford the book yet but I have been reading quotes online and getting a lot of out of them.

Hi PhoenixEvergreen,
You mentioned you couldn't afford the book yet - not sure if you've gotten it yet since that was in the spring, but if not, I found this link and wanted to share it. Thank you for posting about this book. I'm looking forward to reading it.

http://stephenjohnsonphd.com/pdf/Humani ... sistic.pdf
Jetjet
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:50 am

Postby Jetjet » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:08 am

oops, that link was just to a pdf of the intro, not the whole book!
Jetjet
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:50 am

Postby Dondoe » Thu May 19, 2016 12:02 am

I recently joined this forum...looking for support structures to try to lever myself out of this personality disorder.
I am going to therapy and I'm working on controlling behaviors (again, mostly by myself) and I am hoping that this forum can provide insight, a positive outlook (it is not encouraging to continually read that there is "no hope" for someone with NPD) and resources beyond a few pamphlets and Sam Vaknin's book.
Not much out there for people with narcissism (much more available for partners, associates, victims of narcissists).
So I was hoping there would be more when I saw this list (outdated though it is).
It appears that only the following links are live (and have actual information) at this time:

- Open Directory - Health: Mental Health: Disorders: Narcissistic Personality Disorder
- This appears to be a resource primarily for partners and victims of Narcissists
- Narcissistic Personality Disorder - Internet Mental Health.
- This one is not only live, but seems to have a great deal of information (not all of it is useful, but most of it is at least interesting).

At any rate, I'm going to keep searching and working...I really have to put my NPD traits and behaviors behind me in order to live a great life.
Dondoe
Dondoe
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:50 pm

Postby Round5 » Fri May 20, 2016 2:51 pm

Dondoe wrote:I recently joined this forum...looking for support structures to try to lever myself out of this personality disorder.
I am going to therapy and I'm working on controlling behaviors (again, mostly by myself) and I am hoping that this forum can provide insight, a positive outlook (it is not encouraging to continually read that there is "no hope" for someone with NPD) and resources beyond a few pamphlets and Sam Vaknin's book.
Not much out there for people with narcissism (much more available for partners, associates, victims of narcissists).
So I was hoping there would be more when I saw this list (outdated though it is).
It appears that only the following links are live (and have actual information) at this time:

- Open Directory - Health: Mental Health: Disorders: Narcissistic Personality Disorder
- This appears to be a resource primarily for partners and victims of Narcissists
- Narcissistic Personality Disorder - Internet Mental Health.
- This one is not only live, but seems to have a great deal of information (not all of it is useful, but most of it is at least interesting).

At any rate, I'm going to keep searching and working...I really have to put my NPD traits and behaviors behind me in order to live a great life.
Dondoe

Greetings, Dondoe,
I am not a pwNPD but I didn't want your post to go without response. So, a non is jumping in to welcome you.

May I suggest joining the discussions in the active forum threads and also searching topics in the older threads as there is a wealth of information contained within.

There is one particular member who is no longer active but who provided highly valuable insight and assistance to both pwNPD and nons alike in helping understand the dynamics and mechanisms of covert NPD through his personal journey of awareness and healing. His member name is TruthTooLate. I think you will find his contributions helpful. Just search his member name and a list of his posts will be accessible to you.

Of course there are many others members both past and present who make equal contributions, openly discuss their healing / modification process and provide assistance to one another. TTL just happens to stand out for me.

And please join the active thread conversations.

Wishing you the best. Cheers!

Round5
Round5
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:50 am

Postby realityhere » Sun May 29, 2016 2:26 am

Dondoe,

I second what Round5 recommended for forum reading. TTL's posts were enlightening to both those with the same disorder that he has dealt with all his life and to nons trying to understand NPD behavior of someone they are/were close to. He has since left the forum for reasons of his own, but his past posts still are a veritable and invaluable source. Nothing like a source directly from the horse's mouth and not for any financial/promotional gain btw, unlike Sam Vaknin's site.

This is not to ignore the other NPD posters who also provide wonderful insights into the disorder they deal with on a daily basis here on the NPD forum. Many who post here are astute, aware observers of their own PD and are pretty honest with their answers to posters here, so don't hesitate to post a thread here or jump into a thread discussion. I'm a non who has a N sister and came on the forum to better understand her behavior and in the course of time here have found that NPD posters are very informative and interesting in their way of thinking. Not that I completely understand the way a pwNPD thinks, but I acknowledge that they are humans too and need an online space to vent their struggles as well.

Welcome to the forum and I wish you a healing journey!
AWAY from mod duties, please contact another moderator.
realityhere
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:50 am

Previous

Return to Narcissistic Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post