Our partner

Links For Narcissistic Personality Disorder

Narcissistic Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: mark1958, Echinacea, realityhere

Re: Links For Narcissistic Personality Disorder

Postby Momento » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:54 am

I can relate to what he says about narcissist in general, but since i am not that self ware some of what he says doesn't add up to me.
Momento
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:01 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby undenied » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:11 pm

[quote="peacefulthinking"]http://www......

Bah. Take your sales elsewhere.

I find it interesting that all of these links are either by quacks, or are just general media targeted to laymen.
Last edited by Onebravegirl on Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed link
  • Just because I'm crazy doesn't mean I'm wrong.
  • Please feel free to request citations/sources.
  • Here's my Dx.
  • I really like making lists.
undenied
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:01 pm
Blog: View Blog (7)

Postby mad_world » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:26 pm

Euler wrote:Anything written by Sam is a waste of time. He made some weird video some time ago, in which he made an ass out of himself.
Okay, I have a serious question. A bunch of the sites posted were for family/gf/etc, Sam=(not worth your time), and general stuff you could probably find just googling. I'm new and I've noticed that over 4/5ths of the threads follow similar trends. If you're the narc, and I am, what's in this site for you? There aren't any threads, posts, etc that actually cover HOW TO MANAGE this thing. Is there anything anywhere that actually covers this?

Sam's view on narcissism is that it's incurable, untreatable and unmanageable. If you're a narcissist then you're a monster that will eventually hurt everyone that loves you, because you can never care for anyone except yourself. There's no room for leading a normal, healthy life, despite the fact that a healthy personality is made up of an element of narcissism and that it's a normal human trait and that it's one that most normal people develop out of, Sam never recognises any of this. He just says that narcissists are monsters like him. The only treatment is to believe everything he says. It's absolute #######4. But I will say that sometimes he does raise good points, but most of his writing is just vague generalizations that could be applied to any number of situations. And it's always negative.
mad_world
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:01 pm

Postby undenied » Sat May 14, 2011 6:29 am

I've started a little(?) collection of NPD information.

The Waters of Styx - http://narcissists.wordpress.com/

Partially, it is an archive of published information on NPD, which I am currently (slowly) filling out. Eventually I want to make actual posts connecting trends about development, symptoms, and treatment, as well as get a lot of personal perspective from other Ns.

If you have any suggestions, definitely let me know. (Send me a PM.) Also, if you've written any "essays" (read: blog posts lol) on NPD, please send me the link and I can add it.

I want to make this a valuable and ACCURATE resource on NPD, without biases that 99% of other websites have.
  • Just because I'm crazy doesn't mean I'm wrong.
  • Please feel free to request citations/sources.
  • Here's my Dx.
  • I really like making lists.
undenied
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:01 pm
Blog: View Blog (7)

Postby bluesky21 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:02 pm

To Mad_world
so do you recommend reading Sam Vaknin's book? i've read a lot of reviews how he's trashing narcissists, and very negative, but at the same time his book has got good stuff. I just don't want to read a book that puts me down, my self-esteem is already pretty low without that. What do you say? it's worth a read or not?

-- Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:10 pm --

To Mad_world
so do you recommend reading Sam Vaknin's book? i've read a lot of reviews how he's trashing narcissists, and very negative, but at the same time his book has got good stuff. I just don't want to read a book that puts me down, my self-esteem is already pretty low without that. What do you say? it's worth a read or not?
bluesky21
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:01 pm

Postby JMorde999 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:08 pm

Sam Vaknin provides a very thorough and accurate description of narcissism--it is the reason his analysis receives such a brutal reception from those afflicted with this disorder...

There are two forms of narcissism:

1.) Those with low self-esteem masquerading as big shots

2.) Those who believe they are God

Most fall under the first category. These people should not read Vaknin's material.
JMorde999
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:01 am

Postby jeanener » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:19 pm

Vaknin has no solid credentials about psychology at all, but has made lots of very flattering videos. Kind of tells you a bit about people.
jeanener
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Reluctant Shaman » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:46 am

In reply to Undenied

I am a psychotherapist who works with victims of narcissistic abuse. I have written several articles on the subject of Narcissism, and related issues, including Narcissistic Victim Syndrome. You may find some of the articles interesting, so I am putting up a link for you and anybody else who wants more information in relation to NPD.
My Site: The Roadshow for Therapists
http://narcissisticbehavior.net/narciss ... ck-is-that
Reluctant Shaman
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby Reluctant Shaman » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:39 pm

Just to let you know, the link to "Nightingale Counseling Center - Were You Raised By A Narcissistic Father?" does not appear to be working.
Reluctant Shaman
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby xabilis » Mon May 28, 2012 9:52 am

xabilis
Consumer 6
Consumer 6