Our partner

♔ Narc Chit Chat ♕

Narcissistic Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: mark1958, Echinacea, realityhere

♔ Narc Chit Chat ♕

Postby Artemiss » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:29 pm

Image fellow narcs,

seems we don't have our own thread to chat about general narc stuff. All the other topics are either related to a specific issue or support for Nons.

So I thought this is the topic we can post whatever is on our mind. Image

Are you bothered by something or raging?
Suffered a narc injury?
Or just bored?
Not sure where to post your thoughts?
Wanna chat about your Nons/ family/ friends?
Maybe some new narc members can also introduce themselves here...
go ahead!

let me start:

I'm extreeeemely happy now! Image For almost two days I was kinda on the losing side, but suddenly power shifted and ...BAAAAM! Image I got the power back! Image I'm contemplating a small silent treatment until Sunday... or at least tomorrow. Since he is a narc, I'm never sure with how much I can get away with...
I love this game...only when I'm winning! Image Like every game BTW. If I don't have chances to win, I won't play. Thanks to "quidproquo86" I finally know the right strategy to win...

enjoy! Image
Just kidding, stay away. Image Seriously!
Artemiss
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:18 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: ♔ Narc Chit Chat ♕

Postby MeAgain » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:04 pm

I was sat behind a couple in Tesco's cafe the other day. They were both doing the silent treatment thing to each other! I could see they were both distressed!

I've been picking fights with Anti Narcs on the Internet recently. Some are fine. Most are just a bunch of fruitcakes.

I had a fine old disagreement with a regular customer last night. He loves my work, apparently. He still needs to understand that there is only one right way to do things! My way! :roll:
30mg Citalopram SSRI Antidepressant
40mg Propranolol Beta Blocker

A mere imp of Satan
MeAgain
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:18 am
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby HiddenFromView » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:54 pm

One of my fan-girls is spazzing out because I'm not paying enough attention to her...like in that desperate, clingy, over-idealizing sort of way. I enjoy the narcissistic supply such fan girls provide but this one is so over the top right now. Posting pictures of us on FB everyday, announcing how much she loves and adores me, texting or calling everyday (which I don't respond to half of the time). I want to tell her to chill the ###$ out but I also don't want to tick her off enough to lose the source of supply. So, I'm like passively aggressively pretending I'm like suuuuper busy. The more I pull back though the more clingy she gets. My husband says I'm mean and that he can't believe I don't take seriously how much she values my attention and approval. And I'm just like why are you surprised? Look who you are talking to! :lol:

-- Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:57 pm --

MeAgain wrote:I had a fine old disagreement with a regular customer last night. He loves my work, apparently. He still needs to understand that there is only one right way to do things! My way! :roll:

What kind of work do you do?
HiddenFromView
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:18 pm

Postby Artemiss » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:06 am

MeAgain wrote:
I've been picking fights with Anti Narcs on the Internet recently. Some are fine. Most are just a bunch of fruitcakes.

You're not actually trolling some Non-Self-help-Forum are you? Image
Fruitcakes! yummy...Image

HiddenFromView wrote:One of my fan-girls is spazzing out because I'm not paying enough attention to her...like in that desperate, clingy, over-idealizing sort of way.
[...]
I want to tell her to chill the ###$ out but I also don't want to tick her off enough to lose the source of supply. So, I'm like passively aggressively pretending I'm like suuuuper busy. The more I pull back though the more clingy she gets.

Of course honey! Oh for heaven's sake just tell her!! Image I never understand why narcs don't tell Nons they should leave them the ###$ alone! Instead you rather be totally annoyed by them acting as normal human beings. She doesn't know she is bothering you, so why should she stop?
My Narc is the same. He complained to me about stalkers...his fans, who (I now know) he created himself and wouldn't leave him alone. But he would rather drink battery acid then tell any of his harem girls to stop texting him! Image

Whatever, I don't mean to attack you HFV Image If you don't wanna lose her as supply: you could just come up with a story, like the Christmas Season always makes you sentimental/depressed... and that you really need a bit of alone time with all the stress that is going on. You're sorry and will get back in touch with her when you feel ready. Hoping your friendship is strong enough for her to understand that. A Non will totally get this. If she values you, she'll want to please you.
Just tell your Nons how to please you and they usually will. Image That passive-agressive treatment isn't always necessary... A lot of times only both parties are unhappy. In addition it's also not as effective, because the Non is even more confused as before and doesn't know if and why they have been punished. Though frankly, I am using it too. Image buuuut I'm working on it!
Artemiss
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby MeAgain » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:31 am

Here's the answer to your question HFV.

http://youtu.be/Gxnjh7gGMXE

Us Coverts also make good comedians. And the very finest taxi drivers!

A mere imp of Satan
MeAgain
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby MeAgain » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:59 am

A bit of narcissistic male bonding this evening. A cold heart to his slightly less cold heart about the women in our lives! :roll:

A mere imp of Satan
MeAgain
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby MeAgain » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:09 pm

I've managed to get through a Sunday without a huge headache! I don't know what it is about me and Sundays. I think I must be on a seven day cycle! :?

A mere imp of Satan
MeAgain
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Ladywith3cats » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:01 am

Cute! Great idea.

I'm back (I talked about why elsewhere, it takes too long here) but my therapist doesn't think I have NPD. He doesn't like labels but thinks I'm PTSD/Borderline PD with strong narcissistic traits and on the spectrum, but not actual NPD [borderline narcissism]. Am I allowed to post here? I still feel like I relate better to narcs than nons even if I'm technically not one.
BPD/AvPD; PTSD; Dysthymia; GAD; NPD (fragile/covert type); Seasonal Affective Disorder; Myers-Briggs INFJ (I know the rainbow colors make me look like an HPD. Deal with it).
Ladywith3cats
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:18 pm

Postby Comp_Lex » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:23 am

Ladywith3cats wrote:Cute! Great idea.

I'm back (I talked about why elsewhere, it takes too long here) but my therapist doesn't think I have NPD. He doesn't like labels but thinks I'm PTSD/Borderline PD with strong narcissistic traits and on the spectrum, but not actual NPD [borderline narcissism]. Am I allowed to post here? I still feel like I relate better to narcs than nons even if I'm technically not one.

Of course you are allowed to post here. I am allowed to post here as well. It seems like a "by narcs for narcs" thread, where others are not allowed to post. However, that is a delusion. The reality is is that this is just another forum thread ;)
Comp_Lex
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Artemiss » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:37 am

^@Cump_Lex
Of course you are free to post anything in this forum. However it would be nice to have a Chat for Narcs only. Image See, I'm overt and it seems I unfortunately hurt some members feelings by just posting my opinion. Tho I never would attack anyone in particular! Tiptoeing around people's emotions, especially if I can neither relate nor understand where this is suddenly coming from, is exhausting and annoying. You Nons already have two topics here on the Narc board. It would be polite of you to respect that we have our own to get things off our chest without having to answer to Nons or get this derailed because some Narc just posted a rage attack or makes fun of his/her supply. Image
Hope you can understand this. Image

Ladywith3cats wrote:Cute! Great idea.

Again, welcome back!!! Image Glad you are fine and posting again!
You just admitted to have strong narc traits. As always I value your opinion and you fit right in with us. It's a spectrum after all. I'm probably not a full fledged Narc myself, since I do have limited empathy.
Having traits changes our life enough IMHO...

Image Happy Second Advent my fellow Narcs! Image

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

BTW my Narc is still on the silent treatment Image
I'm not sure if I should discard him or play some more. Since we haven't argued and I only used it as a means to regain power, I'll have to decide soon... and plan my return.
Love to talk more about silent treatment, tho it probably deserves it's own topic...
Artemiss
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Next

Return to Narcissistic Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post