Our partner

♔ Narc Chit Chat ♕

Narcissistic Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: mark1958, Echinacea, realityhere

Re: ♔ Narc Chit Chat ♕

Postby WhyAmIBad » Sat May 13, 2017 3:27 am

I think I have found me a personality disorder I can get behind **whoop whoop** now, to find treatment. The Army Medical world doesn't recognize personality disorders as actual disorders. They will literally define it 98% the same just never use "disorder". As a functional member of this medical system I have had to guide my patients verbage to "accurately, and definitively outline the soldiers treatment plan." So this is going to be a huge road block for me with regard to intelligent treatment. Does anyone else in here just wait for the opportunity to roast the $#%^ out of anyone if they say something stupid? Or how about the inherent need to correct someone over ANYTHING even if it's really dumb like how many jellybeans are in the jar or something oooor is goes like WAAAY overboard and $#%^ talking during ANYTHING that involves loosing on the record? Anyone got anymore?!
WhyAmIBad
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:41 am
Blog: View Blog (2)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Midwinter » Tue May 16, 2017 2:50 pm

WhyAmIBad wrote:I think I have found me a personality disorder I can get behind **whoop whoop** now, to find treatment. The Army Medical world doesn't recognize personality disorders as actual disorders. They will literally define it 98% the same just never use "disorder". As a functional member of this medical system I have had to guide my patients verbage to "accurately, and definitively outline the soldiers treatment plan." So this is going to be a huge road block for me with regard to intelligent treatment. Does anyone else in here just wait for the opportunity to roast the $#%^ out of anyone if they say something stupid? Or how about the inherent need to correct someone over ANYTHING even if it's really dumb like how many jellybeans are in the jar or something oooor is goes like WAAAY overboard and $#%^ talking during ANYTHING that involves loosing on the record? Anyone got anymore?!

Found the same issue. In the northern european countries, you cannot get diagnosed and treated for personality disorders unless it severly inhibits your social life. So while many people with generalized anxiety disorder and schizophrenia gets through the system like a breeze, other more manipulative disorders that is hard to spot such as NPD. In the ICD-10, NPD is not even seen as a personality disorder and is seen as part of ASPD. So you will most likely get an ASPD diagnosis despite being NPD, if you are from where I am.

It is a f#cked up system, but I am waiting for the opportunity to where I can manipulate myself into the system of talking to a psychiatrist. It costs shitloads of money to get treatment and I don't want to pay for a psychologist.
Midwinter
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:41 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby xlostintranslationx » Thu May 18, 2017 4:57 pm

I just realised that Audrey Hepburn was 31 when she filmed Breakfast at Tiffany's. She looks younger. But then they add magic and flattering effect/lighting to movies so...But still. that makes me somehow feel a bit better about my age I think... So much is just how you present yourself and take care of yourself anyway. Hopefully I'll still look young when I'm in my 30's.
xlostintranslationx
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:41 am

Postby xlostintranslationx » Mon May 22, 2017 9:25 pm

I'm getting my hair dyed tomorrow morning by a trainee. When I had a consultation with him he had no idea what he was doing and acted really incompetent. Stumbling over his words, acting nervous, not knowing what to say etc. He was young obviously not that that matters. I like him though he seemed nice. I just really want my hair dyed and I can't afford to pay for it right now. I just think how hard can it be to dye hair? How could he really mess up? :/ Hopefully he will get a lot of supervision the whole way. I don't care if it takes forever.

If he ruins my hair I will be so angry though. Mainly at myself. I won't be able to handle it. Urgh I'm a bit apprehensive. It's like when I go to get my eyebrows done I really cannot stand it in case they don't do what I wanted. I hate someone having that cut control over something so important to me. I know it can always grow back but it just it really bothers me. I'm usually better about hair because it's not to do with my face. And you can always style it or get it re-cut. But I'm freaking out a bit about all my hair falling out tomorrow or something.
xlostintranslationx
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby MeAgain » Sun May 28, 2017 11:04 am

Eternal youth does come at a high price!
30mg Citalopram SSRI Antidepressant
40mg Propranolol Beta Blocker

A mere imp of Satan
MeAgain
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Midwinter » Wed May 31, 2017 4:56 am

xlostintranslationx wrote:If he ruins my hair I will be so angry though. Mainly at myself. I won't be able to handle it. Urgh I'm a bit apprehensive. It's like when I go to get my eyebrows done I really cannot stand it in case they don't do what I wanted. I hate someone having that cut control over something so important to me. I know it can always grow back but it just it really bothers me. I'm usually better about hair because it's not to do with my face. And you can always style it or get it re-cut. But I'm freaking out a bit about all my hair falling out tomorrow or something.

:lol:

Sounds like me. I usually throw a tantrum when getting my hair cut, because it never matches my perfect imaginary hair to the milimeter :lol:
Midwinter
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:41 pm

Postby MeAgain » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:34 am

Milo meets Katie.

https://youtu.be/jOlj9357Tvg

A mere imp of Satan
MeAgain
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby dazn153 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:10 pm

Can I just say how much I love the random content on this thread? :shock: :lol:

I am debating to install dating apps again because I ran out of supply. I keep thinking about the last person I dated, which caused an earthquake because I could not "win" the person over manipulation-wise. That person was more manipulative than me, but didn't activate it (grew up extremely poor and made it to a top college through hard work and smarts/manipulation).

Hmm... to install tinder/bumble, or to avoid and deplete myself of supply? :oops:
Diagnosed partially of each: NPD, BPD, Bipolar 2, OCPD, OCD
Psych Ward: 7 days ER: 2x No self-harm + In psychiatric treatment
dazn153
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:41 am

Postby WhoElse » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:44 pm

WhyAmIBad wrote:I think I have found me a personality disorder I can get behind **whoop whoop** now, to find treatment.

After a decade of half-hearted research based on a vague hint by a psychologist, a detailed description of NPD dumped me into a world of micropsychosis'. Two years later, I have not made it very far past that original realization. I have talked to therapists, but did not afford them the respect they deserve and only abused them as another source of information, because what do they know! I had to take a minute before responding, simply because your humble claim to "my" personality disorder pissed me off. How dare you ridicule my suffering like that! ... etc. pp., you get the point.

You appear happy to have found your problem and seem to be looking forward to treatment. That in itself is good news, but even better: You're not a narc. ;-)
WhoElse
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:41 am

Postby MeAgain » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:50 pm

I always believed we had the edge.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Against-Empath ... 0062339338

A mere imp of Satan