Our partner

Healthy and Sane: mad, sad and disappointed

Munchausen Syndrome message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Terry E.

Healthy and Sane: mad, sad and disappointed

Postby sik » Tue May 15, 2018 8:46 am

Every time im sick or theres something wrong with my body or mind i have high hopes its something really bad and/or letal.

It doesnt happen often, but when it does, it makes me hope... but then it turns out its not so bad and i feel mad, sad and disappointed and i dont know how to cope, its overwhelming.

Why are my body and mind so strong? I want to be ill and even die because of some illness. Im always disappointed and i dont know how to cope. I feel im going crazy because im sane and healty.
sik
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:40 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Healthy and Sane: mad, sad and disappointed

Postby stargazer47 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:21 pm

Don't be sad.

You're not the only one who's been there.
Diagnosis: Human
Meds: The Word

"But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me." -2 Corinthians 12:9
stargazer47
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby flylettuce » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:29 am

I definitely wouldn’t say “you’re not alone” because I don’t know how that would help. Obviously you’re not alone.
I went to the ENT about tonsil stones and he said the only thing he could do was perform surgery. I perked up immediately as my out of pocket is paid after just having a knee scope. I immediately decided I was getting my tonsils out. I had to wait a month which was almost unbearable but the day finally came, I got the IV, answered all the questions, and was taken to the OR. Next thing I know I wake up and am told they couldn’t do it. My jaw is too small, my tongue is too big, and my neck is too short. I’m heartbroken. But not because they couldn’t take em out, but because they didn’t just risk it and put me in ICU. I had a premonition this would happen.
Now I’m sitting here pouring out my story and at most I’ll get a “you’re not alone”.
I really know how you feel. I have somewhat of a dangerous job and hope constantly I’ll be hurt or attacked. I don’t want to die, I just to have this urge to be coddled. My wife and I’s lives are so boring that this feeling is returning from years past with a vengeance. Now all I want is to find something wrong and get my very own hospital bed. THIS SUCKS!! I hate feeling this way. I wish I had all the answers.
I have often thought about committing myself but I’d lose everything and would probably end up divorced and living on the streets.
I guess one of the things I hate is that I am conscious of my mental state. I don’t think any additional medications can help. I really wish I had the answers. Just don’t ask for death. You won’t want it when it comes.
And sorry for a choppy response.
flylettuce
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby stargazer47 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:55 am

The bigger you mess it up, the better you feel?
Diagnosis: Human
Meds: The Word

"But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me." -2 Corinthians 12:9
stargazer47
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Munchausen Syndrome Forum