Our partner

How to lose weight, on parts of your body.

Weight loss message board, open discussion, and online support group.

How to lose weight, on parts of your body.

Postby Domenic » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:23 am

I want to lose weight on my belly, thighs and I was wondering if anyone has any tips or exercises to help me do so. I don't want to lose weight, I just want to make my body look healthy not just thin.
Domenic
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu May 06, 2021 10:00 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: How to lose weight, on parts of your body.

Postby Chucky » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:05 pm

Hello,

The best way to lose weight and look healthy is by goign to a gym, getting good sleep, and eatign 3-5 meals per day. Starvign yourself doesn't work, nor does eating one meal per day. At a gym, all you need do is start off by doing 5 minutes on a cardiovascular machine (I prefer the treadmill, but the bike-machine is good too), and then I do weights to keep my body shape in check.

If you do'nt feel like doing it, then force yourself to do it...

Kevin
psychforums.com rules:
http://www.psychforums.com/forum-rules.php

Please send me a private message if you need help with anything.
Chucky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby skyzonefree » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:00 am

burning fat on just a certain part of our body that we want is impossible.. its called spot reduction.. a well known myth perpetrated by advertisers of those abs trainer thingy.. u have to lose your overall fat from head to toe.. and that is of course not imposiible.. :mrgreen: if you do as chucky says..

create a calorie deficit.. which basically means eating less calorie than the total energy u spend for the whole day..

calorie intake < calorie spent = lose weight
calorie intake > calorie spent = gain weight.. where the surplus calorie is stored in your body as fat..

and also.. one instructor told me that the result u want comes only from 30% exercise.. the rest are from how u manage your food intake.. junk foods/fast foods are complete no nos..

good luck..

btw.. what chucky says is true.. starving will only lower your metabolic rate (we want higher metabolic rate to burn fat faster).. because the body will get this urge to reserve energy when u eat less than usual..
If you knew success was a certainty, what would you attempt to do?
skyzonefree
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri May 07, 2021 6:00 am

Postby ntrll9875 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:52 am

you can eat how much you like if you stay within these 3 guidelines and still lose fat naturally and gradually. You should lose 10lbs each month on average.

1.eat only steamed lean meats, eggs, healthy fruits ,vegetables, nuts, grains, & yogurt..2. drink only water, juice, & milk..3. walk or do some physical exercise 1-3 hour every day.
ntrll9875
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Return to Weight Loss

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post