Our partner

Bodybuilding

Weight loss message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Bodybuilding

Postby Xena » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:12 pm

I just checked out an ad (on this forum, so I'm not endorsing anything PF isn't endorsing) for a pill combination that's supposed to help men burn fat and build muscle. It's endorsed by a couple of celebrities and the advertisers claim that it was developed by the US military for their soldiers, etc.

I'm female, but I'd like to try it. I'm aging (41 yrs old), and intend to fight the sag with my last dying breath. The fatburner is called Lipo Slim and the musclebuilder is called Power Precision. The company recommends that consumers buy the supplements together and take one of each every day.

Has anybody tried it? Good results? Bad? Indifferent? Does anybody know if women tend to get similar results?
"Don't argue with crazy people. You'll look like you're the one who's crazy." -Mom
Xena
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat May 08, 2021 5:30 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Bodybuilding

Postby Platypus » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:50 am

Personally, I think products like that are a scam. They don't list the full ingredients and they make vague claims of the benefits. If you want to take supplements, I'd skip the dodgy proprietary names and go straight to the raw ingredients (such as L-Arginine). It's likely to be cheaper and you'll know what you're taking and in what quantities.

I train with a bodybuilder (but I just do fitness - not bodybuilding), and he advocates diet and exercise. I think he only takes supplements when he's working towards a competition. Unless you're doing hardcore training, I'd put your money towards something else, such as a gym membership or a set of hand weights. :)
No diagnosis, lots of opinions, and a bunch of issues that I haven't quite figured out.
Platypus
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat May 08, 2021 3:30 pm

Postby Simplicity » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:42 pm

Supplements are used to fill up spaces in macros, that meaning that proper diet and a personal weight lifting/cardiovascular training program will get you the results you want, over time. Supplements can be used for those times you cant eat, but it alone should not give you the results you want. Be wary of those products, it can be very dangerous as fat burners raise your heart rate to around 140 plus in order to burn fat. I tried it myself in the beginning and i lost fat but muscle as well, plus your heart goes very fast all the time, you will NOT eat and may even experience strength loss. Which for me is unacceptable. If you are looking for either fat burning or muscle gains, pick one and focus on it. HIIT is great for fat burning while keeping/improving the muscle (especially in beginners) It is also really hard and not reccomended to do everyday/other day. Powerlifting and Rippetoe's Starting Strength will get you huge within the year, if combined with a good diet, The pro bodybuilders ALL use steroids, and their training schedule is targeted at specific muscle fibers, they try and get hyperplasia, which is not proven to occur in naturals, hyperplasia is the splitting of cells, which will rarely happen in naturals. however with the use of steroids which will also destroy your liver and give you cancer it will happen A LOT (thus giving a lot of users cancer) However a similar program will provide naturals with hyperthrophy. Which increases the volume of a cell, be wary of supplements claiming THAT THEY AND THEY ALONE CAN GIVE YOU GAINS OF STRENGTH AND MUSCLE, in the end, it will be you that must do it.
Simplicity
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby hanerry » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:52 am

We all know that there are various types of bodybuilding supplements are available in the market. It is necessary to do some research before selecting any bodybuilding supplement. These supplements are used in the form of powder and pills. I have used Oxyelite Protein powder supplement. This is a very effective supplement and cut fat easily and in a faster way. You can gain muscle as well with this. It gives you good result which you actually want.
hanerry
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Return to Weight Loss