Our partner

Permanent psychological damage? No sex for 20 years

Sexual health message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Permanent psychological damage? No sex for 20 years

Postby braonhaboob » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:42 pm

I have not been in a relationship. Not even dated , had sex or kissed in 20 years.

Can this leave permenent psychological damage to a guy?

The only reason I'm still around is because I couldn't do that to my mother otherwise I would have been long gone. I wish her long health but when she eventually does die. I don't care if I'm 80 I will blow my brains out.
braonhaboob
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:46 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Permanent psychological damage? No sex for 20 years

Postby braonhaboob » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:56 am

Oh my apologies I thought this was a place to come to actually get psycological responses to posts. I was mistaken...............
braonhaboob
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Screwed_Up » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:57 pm

Lack of sex in and of itself does not leave permanent damage. But it sounds like you have other issues that are the cause of no sex. If you haven't been in a relationship because you didn't want to be than there really isnt anything to worry about. If you wanted sex and to be in a relationship but something prevented you why don't you tell a little more about it. Ending it is not the answer. No matter how bad you think things are there are others who have it worse. There is always hope. I'm not a professional and sorry no one answered you sooner. This forum doesn't seem to be active. I can relate cause its almost that many years since I've been in a relationship. Not really what I want but I have my own issues.
Screwed_Up
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby BadShrimp » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:48 pm

Not really. I've met many men in their 50s - 80s and they never had psychological damage from not dating/no sex. Actually, the reverse seems to be true. Many of these celibate men feel a sense of relief that the "need" to have sex was never there to begin with.
BadShrimp
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Blog: View Blog (3)

Return to Sexual Health