Our partner

Blood test follow ups

Mens health message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Blood test follow ups

Postby Caz0964 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:15 pm

Hi, i'll start off with a little background info

About 3 weeks ago, i took a paracetamol overdose, and ended up in hospital for 3 days on a drip, but then my bloods were fine and i was allowed to go home, I had also cut myself.

After this, about a week later I went back to hospital after cutting myself quite badly and thought I needed stitches, I didn't and I was allowed to go home after this.

Today I received a call from my local GP who said the crisis team (Who I seen when I took the overdose, and who i've called up about self harm and other mental health issues) have requested to take another follow up blood test, but they didn't explain why they just said can I come in one morning this week for blood tests.

Will this just be a follow up to see if my liver/kidneys are fine after the overdose? Or could they have found something in my blood which is concerning? Or is it to test for specific conditions i.e. bipolar?

I'm really anxious and worried now, so if anyone could shed some light that would be great :)
Dx: BPD
Caz0964
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:32 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Blood test follow ups

Postby Wally58 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:51 pm

How did this go? Did you return for a follow-up blood test?
I have had to do blood tests over just to verify that the numbers were true. Sometimes the chemical test fails or they just want to be sure.
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
Wally58
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:32 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Mens Health