Our partner

Hi there!

New member to Psychforums, come give us a post and tell us a bit about yourself.

Hi there!

Postby AllYourHamsters » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:27 pm

Hello! I got forwarded to this site from a friend who joined here a while back. They say it's a good place to talk about mental health so I thought I'd give a try. They asked me not to name them, but maybe they'll say who they are when they see this.

Anyway, I'm a 21 year-old woman. Born and raised in Oregon, United States. I'm pretty quirky as you'll probably see here soon enough, but I always strive to be engaging and friendly. :D Despite my upbeat demeanor, I've struggled with depression and anxiety since childhood. Most of the time, my anxiety is worse than my depression but I get seasonal depression and that's when it's the other way around. I'm bit of a complex individual. But aren't we all? :P

Other interesting things about me: I'm Native American, Umpqua and Rogue River nations. I'm a lifelong music lover and have a borderline unhealthy obsession with it. I'm also a bookworm, movie buff and a bit of a nerd for mythology, fantasy and sci-fi. My dream is to be a writer one day, even though I suck at writing. I'm very family-oriented and dedicated to friends. Currently in the process of taking college courses, but I don't really like talking about that because it's stressful and I hate its guts.

Right! I think that's good enough, lol. See you around! :wink:
AllYourHamsters
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:32 am
Blog: View Blog (3)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Hi there!

Postby Snaga » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:36 am

Hello, and welcome to the forums!

AllYourHamsters wrote:They asked me not to name them, but maybe they'll say who they are when they see this.

Well, just be extra-mindful of each others' privacy and anonymity in forum- since there are strict rules against sharing intimate details of other members, that they've not divulged themselves in forum. Ordinarily, someone here might speak of their friends, sharing details about them- however, in this case, if they're also a member here, then that's sharing intimate details about another PF member... which is highly discouraged. I'm glad to see that you've already shown discretion and respected their request.

AllYourHamsters wrote: Despite my upbeat demeanor, I've struggled with depression and anxiety since childhood. Most of the time, my anxiety is worse than my depression but I get seasonal depression and that's when it's the other way around.

You have plenty of company here, especially with the anxiety. The depression forums tend to stay fairly quiet, but anxiety forums go through spurts of activity.

AllYourHamsters wrote:I'm bit of a complex individual. But aren't we all?

Folks here, more than average, I think- which shouldn't be surprising, really...

Tell someone today that you love them; for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon; for Life is also terrifying and confusing.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:32 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Hi there!

Postby AllYourHamsters » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:06 pm

Don't worry about a thing, discretion is my middle name! Thanks for the welcome. Looking forward to this place. :mrgreen:
AllYourHamsters
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:32 am
Blog: View Blog (3)

Return to Member introduction