Our partner

Newbie here

New member to Psychforums, come give us a post and tell us a bit about yourself.

Newbie here

Postby desertpunkman » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:13 pm

Hey all!

I came across this forum by chance looking up stuff when googling things. Most of my issues center around fetishes but I see that topic is strictly off limits now. I still wish to talk about my relationship with my girlfriend and understand what we're feeling. I can do so without explicitly referencing fetishes even though they play a role. We have been dating for many years and moved in together, but some issues from my side arose and created confusion. We love each other so much, and we decided to see a couple's counselor to sort through what's going on. We have only been through one session, and we felt better but I'm still worried. We're deathly afraid of being told "You two shouldn't be together".

Glad this forum exists!
desertpunkman
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:14 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Newbie here

Postby quietgirl2538 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:06 pm

Hi,
I hope you read this. Since it's been a long while since you posted. You are always welcome to read through that section. That's why it's still there.

I would never want to be told I can't be with someone I love so much, like you love your girlfriend. I can't rightly say what it is you should do, but I will share that even when my therapist shows me things that may need changing in my life, it's always up to me when and if it will change. You are always in charge of your life. How are you doing now?
“There’s an Asian expression that ‘a burden shared is halved.’"

Bipolar I
ADD (not the hyperactive kind)
*I take loads of meds, but they keep me stable :D

Forum Rules

PsychForum rules and Active Staff
quietgirl2538
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:14 pm
Blog: View Blog (103)

Return to Member introduction