Our partner

Ballade Greets Unknown Friends

New member to Psychforums, come give us a post and tell us a bit about yourself.

Ballade Greets Unknown Friends

Postby Ballade » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:12 am

What’s a ballade? A really challenging but beautiful piano piece written by Chopin. Also, I didn’t give much thought to my name on an app I use for purposes related to my appearance here and am too lazy to think up another. Ballade is my nom de guerre.

I currently make a decent living as a Professional Lunatick. You’d be surprised how well it can pay and the benefits package can’t be beat. My collection of diagnoses include AADD, GAD, Bipolar, and SOB. (I made the last one up because I can’t ever remember the fourth.) I have had CBT, CPT and ECT. I have been inpatient (voluntarily) and if there’s a class of psychotropic drug I haven’t been on, it must be pretty exotic. The VA denies my requests for participation in a ketamine trial, or even several reasonable alternatives.

I currently take a little lithium because it’s part of the Professional Lunatick’s job description. You’re probably wondering what treatment I’m receiving for my other three current diagnoses.

Up until 2013 I made my living as a criminal defense lawyer, which pays better than a Professional Lunatick, but you have to work a lot harder. My reputation was in capital defense. You’re probably wondering how I went from lawyer to Professional Lunatick so quickly.

I have had two books published, but my publisher went out of business at once. Honestly, I didn’t think they were that bad, but I’m really sorry.

I acknowledge that I am 100% disabled (it’s true, and I have the award letter to prove it) by severe mental illness(es) for which there is/are no hope for a cure and which can only be managed by a mind-boggling succession of drugs. Apparently, my brain is just a quart low on serotonin, or dopamine, or norepinephrine, or something, exactly like diabetics are low on insulin. Shrug. Exactly like diabetes. As it happens, I am also diabetic, so I believe I can speak with some authority, and every psychiatrist I have ever seen has said the very same thing, so I have no doubt of it.

I have a family and pets and don’t get out much, except for professional reasons.

Yours truly,
Ballade

P.S. ECT was my least favorite treatment but makes a great bullet on the resume for a Professional Lunatick.
Ballade
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:13 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to Member introduction

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post