Our partner

Hello, I'm Ares

New member to Psychforums, come give us a post and tell us a bit about yourself.

Hello, I'm Ares

Postby ares224 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:20 pm

Hello,

I don't know what's wrong with me. I used to think I was Bipolar due to a few episodes of mania, along with depression. I don't trust psychiatrists, counselors, or psychologists because I can't be honest without their bias interfering. I'm pretty open about most things, but the moment I mention drug use they all automatically say the words "Oh, you're having these feelings because you've used drugs". I always say "Drug use isn't a problem, it's the symptom of a problem. How many perfectly happy, fine people use drugs because why not? The only reason I use is to feel something." Then I'm told I need to admit I have a problem. Since I was 12 years old, I've seen about 13 different psychologists, counselors, and psychiatrists. Only a single one entertained the thought that I was correct...but my insurance wouldn't pay and that was nearly a decade ago.

I used to have a person with whom I could talk and sort through my feelings, or lack thereof, and figure things out. But that person has been gone for almost 3 years. Lately, I've been thinking I should join a mental health forum and try to sort through things...once again.

I tend to be rather long-winded in text and very quiet in person. Constantly watching people, reasoning out their motives for every action and reaction. I consider myself a scientist of sorts, but it's odd. As I type this, I can feel I'm on the verge of a panic attack. I haven't had a real panic attack in over 5 years. And it seems with just a thought, I've pushed it away. Buried it, perhaps?

-Ares
ares224
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:43 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Hello, I'm Ares

Postby quietgirl2538 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:41 pm

Hello Ares,
Welcome!

I recommend you post in forums such as the bipolar forum and even Living with Mental Illness. This part of the forum is pretty quiet and so you have less of a chance of getting replies. When you post in other forums, just remember that all posts must be original, so it is not allowed to copy/paste this one. You may not even want to do that, but I thought I'd inform you in case you didn't know.
“There’s an Asian expression that ‘a burden shared is halved.’"

Dx: Bipolar I and ADD
Lamictal 300mg
Wellbutrin XL 300mg
Vraylar 6 mg
diazepam p.r.n 10 mg twice a day
Elavil (Amitriptylin) 20mg for insomnia
Methylphenidate (Ritalin) 10mg

Forum Rules

PsychForum rules and Active Staff
quietgirl2538
Moderator: Consumer