Our partner

Can't change my password

Questions, Comments & Suggestions about Psych Forums.
Anything Site Related To Be Posted Here.

Can't change my password

Postby psytrip » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:44 am

I'm trying to change my password but there doesn't appear to be any option to do that except "forgot password" and when I try that it says "You are not authorised to request a new password."

How do I change my password?
psytrip
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:10 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Can't change my password

Postby Snaga » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:48 pm

You should be able to.

Go to your User Control Panel (top left quadrant of the screen) and then select the second top tab from the left 'Profile', then left side menu 'Edit Account Settings' then you will see where you can change email address or password. You'll need to enter your existing password to change passwords or email addresses.

Tell someone you love them today, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also terrifying and confusing.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:10 am

Postby psytrip » Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:21 pm

Thanks, I went to that but I can't work out how to change my password with it. It looks like this:
https://i.imgur.com/N72nUQ3.jpeg
It allows me to enter my current password, then when I click Submit it says "Your profile has been updated." and that's it.
psytrip
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:10 pm

Postby Snaga » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:46 pm

I see that. I'm going to have to cogitate on that, I'm not sure why you're not seeing change password fields below the one for changing email.

Tell someone you love them today, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also terrifying and confusing.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Postby Snaga » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:06 am

I think I know the problem.

Technically, you're not an established user yet.

To quote the forum rules:

9. New Members: Restrictions on Privileges and Permissions

We have found it necessary to add certain anti-spam measures. First posts are systematically screened by the moderators and new registered user cannot use the blogging functionality straight away.

These restrictions are lifted once a new member has proved to be a member with good intentions, and the removal of such restrictions remains in effect as long as the member remains a member of this forum in good standing.

How soon your restrictions will be lifted is a function of several factors including number of posts, length of time as a member, and whether or not you have received any infractions for breach of forum rules (which can lead to permanent ban or the user´s posts to be systematically screened before being published).

You've been registered a long time, but you haven't posted. The list in the quote above is not exhaustive on restrictions on non-established members, and you've yet to actually establish yourself as a participating member. In fact, it has been necessary that these restrictions have been strengthened over time.

So I'm afraid your password can't be self-changed, yet. You'll need to participate more before you can get that functionality.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Snaga
Site Admin

Return to Member's Corner

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post