Our partner

Need Help

Questions, Comments & Suggestions about Psych Forums.
Anything Site Related To Be Posted Here.

Need Help

Postby mal70 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:06 pm

How can I do a search on a word, such as masturbation?
mal70
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:08 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Need Help

Postby Snaga » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:03 am

The absolute easiest thing, as far as finding the most hits, would be to use Google- such as: masturbation site:psychforums.com

Alternately, on every page, from the All Forums index, to the individual forums, down to each individual thread, you'll find a search box that you can use to search for keywords. However, using the forum search, you have to be sure to mind your capitalization, and spelling- there is no 'wiggle room', such as there is with an internet search engine. So for example, searching Sexual Dysfunctions for masturbation, will literally give you only that- if someone typed Masturbation with capital M, then it's not going to catch it- so using the forum search, be sure of your spelling, and try capitalized, and uncapitalized both, to make sure you catch all instances of the word.

Tell someone you love them today, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also terrifying and confusing.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:08 pm

Re: Need Help

Postby Snaga » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:04 am

it also occurs to me, that you might be too new a member to use the forum search function- I believe that might be restricted until you have been an active, participating member, for longer. In which case, I'd suggest Google or the search engine of your choice.

Tell someone you love them today, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also terrifying and confusing.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:08 pm

Return to Member's Corner