Our partner

Combine lots of foro?

Questions, Comments & Suggestions about Psych Forums.
Anything Site Related To Be Posted Here.

Combine lots of foro?

Postby SuperGoose » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:56 pm

I know you guys have probably discussed this before but I think it's worth reconsidering every year. This place is very inactive and a lot of people don't get replies on their threads, combining related issues would mean the front page of each forum section had recent posts and that more people would see each post

If people manage to escape from the claws of the intentionally addictive social media sites and come back to nice, friendly forums (which aren't engineered to be addictive) maybe some day the number of visitors will go back up, but in the meantime this could mean more people get the support they need
SuperGoose
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:16 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Combine lots of foro?

Postby Snaga » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:36 am

We appreciate the feedback!

The site IS due for a makeover- however, my understanding is that the structure of the forums is a very difficult thing to change, once forums and subforums have been established, so while there will be a new look and new features, and a more modern appearance, the categories will not be changing. This also unfortunately includes whenever the DSM changes terms or moves disorders from one category to another- Gender Dysphoria, for example, is no longer called GID or is grouped with sexual disorders in the current DSM- but at the time PF was created, it was, and that's where it'll stay.

The moderation team is also of the opinion the rise of social media have slowed things down, but it can't be helped.

Tell someone you love them today, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also terrifying and confusing.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:16 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Member's Corner