Our partner

Search Function not available?

Questions, Comments & Suggestions about Psych Forums.
Anything Site Related To Be Posted Here.

Search Function not available?

Postby Larrys90th » Tue May 12, 2020 12:27 pm

I am trying to use a search function? Is it not available anymore?
Larrys90th
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:06 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Search Function not available?

Postby Snaga » Tue May 12, 2020 2:21 pm

Hello and welcome!

What message are you getting? If it's that search isn't available at this time, it may have to do with the forum software. At times of heavy forum load, the search function gets wonky, it's a long-standing issue. Just have to try again later. Sometimes just trying several times in a row, will get your search thru.

Tell someone you love them today, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also terrifying and confusing.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Postby Larrys90th » Tue May 12, 2020 2:24 pm

Hi, there is just nothing showing a search bar or place to search. No message, just not on any page or section of the site to show where to search.
Larrys90th
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Snaga » Thu May 14, 2020 8:00 pm

Not this, for example?

Tell someone you love them today, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also terrifying and confusing.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Postby Larrys90th » Thu May 14, 2020 8:07 pm

Correct. I do not have a search section or button next to Post A Reply. Maybe I am too new of a member and I wont be able to search till I have a certain amount of posts.
I took a screenshot, but, I only have img and url to post from..not an upload function
Larrys90th
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Snaga » Thu May 14, 2020 8:26 pm

Give it a few posts then.

Also folks don't generally upload images directly, and we discourage it, you can use an anonymous account on something like Imgur (such as I did for my post) and it will give you the BBcode link ready to copy/paste- keep in mind linked images can be no more than 460 pixels wide and... I think rather more high but the number escapes me atm.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Snaga
Site Admin

Postby Morseer » Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:19 am

I don't know if this question was answered to the OP's satisfaction, but I have the same problem. There is only a "Jump To" box available, but no "Search" box. Curiously, before I log on, I can see an "Advanced Search" box on the left of the page. But I haven't tried to use it, assuming that I have to be logged in to do so. But then when I log in, it's no longer there.

Is it the case that a new member has to have a certain number of posts before the Search function is available?
Morseer
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:06 am

Postby Snaga » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:20 pm

It's nothing I have noticed outright, but that may very well be the case, we've had to tighten up considerably on what new members can and can't do, to combat spammers and other assorted sorts. I've belonged to other forums as an ordinary member, and found severe constraints in place until I'd put in a little time there.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Snaga
Site Admin

Postby Morseer » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:50 am

Thanks, Snaga, for that. I'm still a new user, so I suppose I should expect some limitations.

But, (not to be facetious), I would very likely join in more conversations if I knew where to find those that were relevant to my interests; and to find them, I need a search capability.

But I suppose, until I'm more practised in the forums, I will have to do it by searching "manually".

Thanks. :)
Morseer
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:06 am

Return to Member's Corner

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post