Our partner

I used to use this forum years ago. Need everything deleted.

Questions, Comments & Suggestions about Psych Forums.
Anything Site Related To Be Posted Here.

I used to use this forum years ago. Need everything deleted.

Postby MentalMint » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:09 am

If there is no way to delete it as they claim, will deleting my account delete my posts? Or posting stuff to get banned delete my posts? I used to briefly use this site years ago and just want to get rid of a few things for personal safety reasons that I rather not go into.
MentalMint
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:05 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: I used to use this forum years ago. Need everything deleted.

Postby solemnlysworn » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:35 pm

Deactivating an account only disables people from searching for your posts through your (currently active) profile and prevents you from posting from that account in the future. Account deactivation does not remove personal or identifying features. Posts can still be found through those who've quoted your username, using a search engine.

This site's administrators are reluctant to remove your data carte blanche, though singular posts (or snippets of posts) that are deemed sufficiently sensitive with respect to privacy of personality identifying information, rather than content you might like to see erased because of the subject matter, might be considered for editing out.

I'm sorry that a member of staff hasn't gotten around to answering more promptly.
Hello friend
solemnlysworn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:05 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby NewSunRising » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:38 am

Getting yourself banned is not recommended and will not remove your posts . We do not delete posts .
Please check your messages .

solemnlysworn wrote:This site's administrators are reluctant to remove your data carte blanche, though singular posts (or snippets of posts) that are deemed sufficiently sensitive with respect to privacy of personality identifying information, rather than content you might like to see erased because of the subject matter, might be considered for editing out.

Spot on .

This is why we emphasize that members should never use their real names as a username or in their posts . The same goes for location and/or job descriptions .

It's best to consider when you're making a post ( here or anywhere else ) that what goes on the Internet , stays on the Internet .
NewSunRising
Site Admin

Local time: Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:05 am

Postby xdude » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:31 pm

We do NOT delete posts. We might make a minor edit if something reveals a person's real life identity, but ... deleting posts does not work even if we tried. Others have already read those posts, and sometimes others have quoted and replied. It would be an endless mess and unfair to others too, to delete posts.

If there is some bit of info that may reveal your real life identity, PM one of us and we will take a look. That is the best we can do.

Best,
xdude
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
xdude
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:05 pm

Return to Member's Corner

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post