Our partner

RIP Psychforums

Questions, Comments & Suggestions about Psych Forums.
Anything Site Related To Be Posted Here.

RIP Psychforums

Postby Parador » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:29 pm

I don't know if I will even bother to look in here anymore. No one who runs this site seems to even care that it's almost dead. I've been here for 12 years as a member and I get treated like I'm a troll.

No one has posted a thread about what can be done to keep this place from declining. Look at the member into thread. Lots of people with 1 post, no replies so they leave. Others say they don't want to be here if they can't delete posts. Psychforums is on the ropes. I think it's too late now.....
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
Parador
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:18 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: RIP Psychforums

Postby quietgirl2538 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:20 pm

Hi Parador, I've been here 6 years this past February. Psychforums was so helpful to me in different times of my life. In some ways, it still is, as I am myself, not as active as before. But I think, personally, that the members are the ones that make this forum. What can actually be done to get members to post more? It's completely up to them. We have rules that must be followed and those rules apply to everyone. As a mod, my job is to enforce them. It's true there are some members who post one time and then leave, and maybe yes, it could be because of those reasons you state. But I just think, that the forum is still going and hopefully it continues to keep going. I also think it is quieter here than when I joined in 2013, but one person only has so much control over that. I hope this helps a little.

--quietgirl
“There’s an Asian expression that ‘a burden shared is halved.’"

(Away from mod duties, please contact another moderator)

Forum Rules

PsychForum rules and Active Staff
quietgirl2538
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:18 am
Blog: View Blog (87)

Postby RottenFish » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:02 pm

This is very sad. I hope you decide to stay, Parador. I've visited many other psych websites, and Psychforums is the only one I post in. The moderators keep this place safe and they stick to the rules, unlike other forums where members are allowed to attack one other.

I do see many members leave because of no responses. I'm hoping that changes soon. :mrgreen:
RottenFish
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby octopustentacles » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:56 pm

I'm glad you cant delete posts. It makes the place a mess. Also, its annoying.
octopustentacles
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby RottenFish » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:13 pm

For a long time, I didn't sign up with Psychforums because this place was overflowing with trolls. I was shocked how many members were verbally attacking each other. That was a while ago.

Now, this place is much quieter. But the trolls were kicked out, as well.

Awesome job moderators! :lol:
RottenFish
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby octopustentacles » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:31 pm

I guess I have no idea what a "troll" actually even is. People that attack others? In the personality disorder section you have empathy deficient or empathy lowered individuals (I am myself one).

You can hardly call the back and forth jabbing at each other "trolling" in those places.

Sometimes what looks like someone being an asshole to a normal person is just someone elses everyday way of communicating also.

I got in trouble a few times on here and I know one of those times I was actually joking with a comment I made.

And once in a while psychforums will pick a really bad mod. :D I know. $#%^ happens.
octopustentacles
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Postby shock_the_monkey » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:52 am

i do have to agree that this forum has declined to an extent that it really does look like it might not be around much longer. and i also have to say that if mods don't feel responsible for answering unanswered post then no one else will. forums don't run themselves. they need a little encouragement.

also, it shouldn't be underestimated just how discouraging it is to get shot for trying to be helpful. i've had plenty of that. i think this is the biggest reason that people don't reply. they're scared of being misunderstood.
something knocked me out' the trees
now i'm on my knees
... don't you know you're gonna shock the monkey

there is one thing you must be sure of
i can't take any more
... don't you know you're gonna shock the monkey

don't like it but i guess i'm learning

... shock the monkey to life
shock_the_monkey
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:18 pm

Postby RottenFish » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:53 pm

octopustentacles wrote:I guess I have no idea what a "troll" actually even is. People that attack others?

If a member starts calling other members derogatory names, they are acting like a troll. That is why they get banned. There are other websites that allow members to belittle one another, but not PsychForums.
RottenFish
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby octopustentacles » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:04 pm

Well, I find people constantly calling others "trolls" (something that lives under bridges and eats children)
particularly annoying. :lol:

Have a nice day now.
octopustentacles
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Postby phoenix1 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:22 am

I haven't been here long but what I have seen and read is constructive. It's nice to see I don't struggle alone honestly. Just my $0.02, I'm glad I joined.
phoenix1
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:18 am

Next

Return to Member's Corner

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post