Our partner

RIP Psychforums

Questions, Comments & Suggestions about Psych Forums.
Anything Site Related To Be Posted Here.

Re: RIP Psychforums

Postby Copy_Cat » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:34 pm

Parador wrote:I don't know if I will even bother to look in here anymore. No one who runs this site seems to even care that it's almost dead. I've been here for 12 years as a member and I get treated like I'm a troll.

No one has posted a thread about what can be done to keep this place from declining. Look at the member into thread. Lots of people with 1 post, no replies so they leave. Others say they don't want to be here if they can't delete posts. Psychforums is on the ropes. I think it's too late now.....

When I first came here forum post topics showed up on Google search results that's how I found it, I noticed my own topics showing up in search results often front page.

Its not like that anymore with the new censorship algorithms that favor mainstream news and in the case of mental health stuff mainstream sites like Web MD , health-line and dozens of dozens of others from the Establishment.

As old members post less or move on new people are not finding this site and replacing them.
I survived psychiatry.
Copy_Cat
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:02 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Snaga » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:28 pm

That's an interesting thought, Copy. It could be that, coupled with other factors. I sometimes wonder if the rise in social media has reduced traffic here, also.

Tell someone you love them today, because Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, because Life is also terrifying and confusing.

ISFP

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:02 pm

Postby shock_the_monkey » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:40 pm

you can only work with what you can actually change. citing other factors doesn't actually get you anywhere, however true they might be. candidly, when i regularly see the number of members logged onto this forum at around 10, i'm not remotely surprised that it doesn't list using internet search engines.
something knocked me out' the trees
now i'm on my knees
... don't you know you're gonna shock the monkey

there is one thing you must be sure of
i can't take any more
... don't you know you're gonna shock the monkey

don't like it but i guess i'm learning

... shock the monkey to life
shock_the_monkey
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:02 pm

Postby Bellicose » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:07 am

Psychforums needs an app.
Previous diagnosis:

TLE and Conduct Disorder (Teens)
Antisocial PD and Narcissistic PD (Early 20's)
Antisocial PD and Schizotypal PD (Mid 20's) (Rediagnosed as a drug induced psychotic break and declared no longer applicable)

Current diagnosis:

Narcissist PD with Antisocial traits
Bellicose
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:02 am

Postby Snaga » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:44 am

No app, but we are moving towards a site upgrade, that will also include a more mobile-friendly site.

Tell someone you love them today, because Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, because Life is also terrifying and confusing.

ISFP

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:02 pm

Postby Philonoe » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:39 am

I miss my avatar :(
Philonoe
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Dahliaa » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:40 am

This forum has helped me a lot. I hope it will continue because many people have problems and they can not discuss about everything with their friends and family.
Dahliaa
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:02 pm

Postby Philonoe » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:18 am

Dahliaa,

I very much agree with you. This place helped and helps me a lot. I like it to be open to posting directly and talk. With no professional intermediates.

I understand that posts can't be deleted because one can read the threads even long time after a discussion and they make sense and they wouldn't if one could delete or change posts.

It's not a problem for me that it's not crowded.

It's really a place where one can talk or even think about talking.
Philonoe
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby octopustentacles » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:42 pm

Well. Except for Eight the psychologist. That has always been my biggest problem with this place as its supposed to be for "peer support" and then she has to interject herself into every board in the pd'ed section with her "help" ...which seems very narcissistic to me.

Either way, I have left many times because I dont think a psychologist should be posting as a peer because she isnt one. (even if you overlook her tendency to shame others)

I figure if the people that run psych forums cant even see something as basic as that....then it kinda sucks.
octopustentacles
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:02 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Copy_Cat » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:47 pm

Snaga wrote:That's an interesting thought, Copy. It could be that, coupled with other factors. I sometimes wonder if the rise in social media has reduced traffic here, also.

I like how Matt Drudge said Social media sites like Facebook, Twitter are ‘Internet ghettos’

“I don’t know why they’ve been successful in pushing everybody into these little ghettos, these Facebooks, these tweets, these Instagrams,” Drudge Said “This is ghetto. This is corporate. They’re taking your energy, and you’re getting nothing in return.”

Wile I personally never visit the guys website, its still one of the top 50 in the world.

People should post links to this forum on the big corporate ghetto sites to attract new members.

We need a psych forums membership drive.
I survived psychiatry.
Copy_Cat
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Previous

Return to Member's Corner

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post