Our partner

Aaaaaaggggghhh! My avatar!

Questions, Comments & Suggestions about Psych Forums.
Anything Site Related To Be Posted Here.

Re: Aaaaaaggggghhh! My avatar!

Postby salted lipstick » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:01 pm

AllanZed wrote:Hi guys,

Remote avatar will be back in the new version (only permitting https links), the new version will be mobile friendly as well and a very nice new design. Please hold on, I'll give you some news quite soon. The migration is intended to take place in November or worst case in December.

Stay tuned, I'll make new announcement about it as soon as I get a clearer view on the upgrade date.

AZ.

That's exciting. Thanks Allan. It will be nice if we can get avatars back then too. :D
In a way, I am not defined by my dissociation. In a way, I am.

FORMER admin moderator. For current list please see: forum rules and list of active mods
salted lipstick
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:32 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Snaga » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:54 am

Ohhhhhh I found a TINKERBELL.....

Tell someone you love them today, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also terrifying and confusing.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:02 am

Postby MakersDozn » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:49 pm

Would Google Drive or Box.com (both https) be examples of an file-hosting site that qualify as secure enough to meet the new standards?

Eagerly awaiting the chance to get our 20-year-old avatar, which we designed, back on here.

And what's up with this message when we try to link to the image at either of the above-mentioned sites?

It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image.

MDs
Body cis ♀ (1962). Realized 1996 that we're multiple. System of 47, all cis: 42 ♀, 5 ♂; 17 littles (0-7+), 9 middles (8-11+), 14 teens (12-17+), 5 bigs (18+), + formless yin/yang.

Notable: Charity 25 (oldest), Deborah 23, Drew 23f, Mary 23, Rachel 23, Laura 17.5, Allegra 17, Cass 17, shawn 16f.
Blog | Our Story | Journey
MakersDozn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:02 am

Postby Snaga » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:51 am

Sometimes an oddball image, especially if for some reason it's not an absolute direct link, I think- will cause the system to not be able to read image data properly. I've run into that a time or two with like oddball file extensions or something. I usually resave the image to wherever and try again. I know Imgur sometimes likes to put crazy things at the end of a filename when you online edit it.

As far as I understand something that is https will work in the future- that would include Imgur also.

Tell someone you love them today, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also terrifying and confusing.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Postby naps » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:59 am

Snaga wrote:As far as I understand something that is https will work in the future- that would include Imgur also.

Good. I'm getting tired of all these avatars. They're all so homogenous and lame and washed out (Except your tinkerbell Snaga).

It makes it seem like everyone here is on thorazine.
naps
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:02 am

Postby Snaga » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:11 am

Yeah most of them are kinda bleak. We just have to be patient.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Snaga
Site Admin

Postby MakersDozn » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:15 pm

Thanks, Snaga. We know that Google is kind of weird about how it maps URLs. Kind of a "trust us, you don't need to be concerned about this" kind of thing. :roll:

Well, no; we do need to be concerned about such things, especially if it's for hosting purposes. Box.com's links are more user-friendly. We use Box for both work and personal.

We've already tried re-saving the hosted files. Guess we'll have to put up with the insipid hot-air balloon for now. It vaguely resembles another image on our website, but it's not as original as our logo avatar.

MDs
Body cis ♀ (1962). Realized 1996 that we're multiple. System of 47, all cis: 42 ♀, 5 ♂; 17 littles (0-7+), 9 middles (8-11+), 14 teens (12-17+), 5 bigs (18+), + formless yin/yang.

Notable: Charity 25 (oldest), Deborah 23, Drew 23f, Mary 23, Rachel 23, Laura 17.5, Allegra 17, Cass 17, shawn 16f.
Blog | Our Story | Journey
MakersDozn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:02 am

Postby Truly_happy » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:36 pm

I just noticed the gallery feature. Where did all those pictures come from? Is the site paying royalties to use all those (copyrighted) images or is it based in a country where there is no copyright?

PS: I don't know if you mods realize it, but there is a picture of Jesus under "Fantasy". (It's the one with a man in a white robe looking into the clouds with a white dove flying over his head.) It would be most respectful if you recatagorized it. Thank you.

- Imre
We are the Neighborhood.
Hosts:
Imre ("EEM-ruh") - male, 20s, compassionate
Cullen - male, 13, loves life
Marcella - female, 30s, visionary
Pip - male, 12, brave

Threads | Journal
Truly_happy
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby lilyfairy » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:12 am

Truly_happy wrote:I just noticed the gallery feature. Where did all those pictures come from? Is the site paying royalties to use all those (copyrighted) images or is it based in a country where there is no copyright?

PS: I don't know if you mods realize it, but there is a picture of Jesus under "Fantasy". (It's the one with a man in a white robe looking into the clouds with a white dove flying over his head.) It would be most respectful if you recatagorized it. Thank you.

- Imre

The gallery feature I believe is something that comes with the forum software as a set of default images that users are able to choose from for an avatar. I assume that any copyrights for the images are taken care of by the creators of the forum software- or they are images in the public domain. The forum software this forum uses is also used by a number of other web forums too- forums devoted to a lot of topics other than psychology like this one. We have no ability to recategorise images to different groups, and similarly, we cannot remove images that would be inappropriate for use on this particular forum. Where someone has chosen an image that is not appropriate for use here we would respectfully ask them to choose another.
First rule of mental health: Learn to distinguish who deserves an explanation, who deserves only one answer, and who deserves absolutely nothing.

Forum Rules

Whatever you're doing today, do it with the confidence of a four-year-old in a Batman t-shirt.
lilyfairy
Site Admin

Local time: Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:02 pm

Postby Truly_happy » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:05 pm

Thank you, Lilyfairy!
We are the Neighborhood.
Hosts:
Imre ("EEM-ruh") - male, 20s, compassionate
Cullen - male, 13, loves life
Marcella - female, 30s, visionary