Our partner

Frequently asked questions

Questions, Comments & Suggestions about Psych Forums.
Anything Site Related To Be Posted Here.

Re: Frequently asked questions

Postby salted lipstick » Thu May 02, 2013 4:08 pm

How do I delete my account?

Your account cannot be deleted from the forum. It cannot be deleted by yourself and it also cannot be deleted by moderators of any level.

If you wish to leave the forum you are welcome to deactivate your account, though this is not necessary. Your posts will remain on the forum if you choose to have your account deactivated but you should no longer receive the email notifications informing you of replies on the forum.

If you do wish to deactivate your account you can do this in your user control panel (in the profile tab). If you are having problems with this then please do not hesitate to PM one of the mods who will be able to help.
In a way, I am not defined by my dissociation. In a way, I am.

FORMER admin moderator. For current list please see: forum rules and list of active mods
salted lipstick
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:18 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby salted lipstick » Thu May 02, 2013 4:11 pm

How do I change my username?

You cannot change your own username. If you require a change of username (for example because you used your real name or a username you use on another site) please contact a moderator via private message.

FORMER admin moderator. For current list please see: forum rules and list of active mods
salted lipstick
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby salted lipstick » Thu May 02, 2013 4:13 pm

Can I create more than one account here?

It is against forum rules to have more than one account on the forum. DID members in particular should note that only one account is permitted per physical body. If any member is discovered to have more than one account, this may result in a ban of one or all of your accounts. If you have made a mistake and created more than one account before knowing this, please contact a moderator by PM as soon as possible with which account you would prefer to have deactivated (please contact using the account you want deactivated, not the one you wish to be left open).

salted lipstick
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby salted lipstick » Thu May 02, 2013 4:17 pm

I just typed a post or PM and pressed submit. It asked me to log back in again. My typing is gone. How do I stop that from happening again?

After an amount of time of inactivity the forum will automatically log you out. This is to protect your safety for example in case you have accidentally walked away from the computer in a public space such as a library or internet cafe it will help make it less likely for someone to be able to hijack your account.

The forum doesn't register your typing as activity because it is not sending or receiving any information in the process of you doing this and as a result, it may log you out by the time you get to hitting the submit button. The other reason the forum may log you out is if your IP address changes whilst using the forum, even if you have the "keep me logged in" option checked. The best way to overcome the problem of losing all of your content is once you've typed it, to highlight it all and press Control + C to copy, then press the submit button. Then if it asks you to log in again, do this and press Control + V to simply paste your text back into the text box again and hit submit. Copying your content regularly before hitting submit will help stop this from being a problem for you.

salted lipstick
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby salted lipstick » Thu May 02, 2013 4:19 pm

I just published a blog post and below the title it says: "This message needs approval. Click here to approve this message." Does this mean that I have to approve it after I publish it?

Only moderators can approve your blog post. It appears to be some sort of glitch in the system that regular members can see that message. So no, you don't need to and actually can't approve your own blog post, a moderator will need to take care of that for you. Please have patience while awaiting your post to be approved.

salted lipstick
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby salted lipstick » Thu May 02, 2013 4:20 pm

How do I edit my blog?

It is not possible to edit your blog at all.

salted lipstick
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby salted lipstick » Thu May 02, 2013 4:21 pm

What do the icons beside the thread names mean?

Please see this thread for a description of the icon meanings: member-corner/topic76426.html

salted lipstick
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby salted lipstick » Thu May 02, 2013 4:22 pm

What does the consumer ranking and dots underneath my username mean?

The consumer ranking and dots underneath your username indicate how frequently you've posted on the site.
1 dot= 20 posts
2 dots= 40 posts
3 dots= 60 posts
4 dots= 80 posts
5 dots= 100 posts
6 dots= 200 posts

salted lipstick
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Previous

Return to Member's Corner

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post