Our partner

I don't want to take antidepressants anymore.

Medication message board, open discussion, and online support

Moderator: Wally58

Forum rules
We are not professionals on this site, nor are any of the members. Always consult with your physician or other doctor about any type of medications.

I don't want to take antidepressants anymore.

Postby rms18 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:01 pm

For the last 5 years I have been on 50mg of Sertraline for mainly anxiety. Whilst they have done really well to ease my anxiety, all that seems to have happened is it has simply swapped from anxiety to depression.

I read in so many places that AD's should only be a temporary thing and in my mind 5 years is coming up to longer than I want to be taking them now. Thing is I am afraid that if I stop things will just end up worse, but at the same time it's makes me feel sad & depressed that I have to take them in the first place. I can't help but feel that they mask stuff that I should be taking notice of and taking on myself.

Of course I would speak to my doctor before making any change but I am curious about people here who have made the same decision in the past. Do you end up (with time of course) managing your issues without them? I have given strong thought to stopping them and trying to replace them with some therapy sessions to balance things out. I have this thought in my head that my issues stem from my thought process rather than just general depression. I can't help but feel my best option would be to attack the thoughts in my head with therapy rather than medication to 'mask' them.

Any adivce or info would be great!

Edit: I made a post on here a while back about moving from 50 to 100mg but in the end I decided against it. I strongly felt that that I wanted to go the opposite direction to that so simply stayed with my original dose for the time being.
rms18
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:25 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: I don't want to take antidepressants anymore.

Postby maurerantje910 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:50 am

Hello there!
How are you today? about your problem, there are some natural methods such as daily exercise, meditation or yoga, and listening to music nutrition's healing sounds are some of the techniques that are effective in controlling anxiety. Make these techniques your daily habit, this may take a long period of time to manage it, but most of the time this work. :)
maurerantje910
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:25 am

Re: I don't want to take antidepressants anymore.

Postby rms18 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:32 pm

I have been medication free for 3 months now. I can't say I feel better but I don't feel worse either. :)
rms18
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:25 pm

Return to Medication

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post