Our partner

Saphris Question

Medication message board, open discussion, and online support

Moderator: Wally58

Forum rules
We are not professionals on this site, nor are any of the members. Always consult with your physician or other doctor about any type of medications.

Saphris Question

Postby jessecrosby1986 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:52 am

Hello,

This is my first post on here. I have been on many anti-depressants over the years with not much results. I have been on Trintellix(20 mg.) for almost 7 months & before that Fetzima(120 mg) for almost a year. These meds have worked the best for me so far. The only other anti-depressant that I had success with years ago was lexapro but that seemed to stop working. Anyway I am maxed out on the Trintellix & have been feeling that hopeless, no joy, why bother feelings for a little while now. I spoke with my Dr. yesterday about maybe trying Rexulti, she wasn't against it but said it was very similar to Abilify which I have tried awhile back not with my current meds & it seemed to make things worse after 2-3 weeks so I discontinued. She suggested I try Saphris (starting with 2.5 mg.) which I took yesterday morning. I was pretty dizzy & felt almost high for a couple hours then I seemed to crash & felt a bit more hopeless than usual. I came home from work early & fell asleep for a couple hours before waking up then going back to bed for the night. This morning I woke feeling tired & hopeless, I was able to get up & go to work but left having little energy & feeling blah. I laid down for a couple hours & just got up a little while ago. I held off taking the Saphris until about an hour ago & now Im typing this to see if anyone has had similar experience & how they turned out. I will stick it out if I know that sometimes my symptoms will get worse before they get better. Im also open to any suggestions of meds. to try with trintellix instead of saphris. Thank you in advance for any advice. God Bless.
jessecrosby1986
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:25 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Saphris Question

Postby jessecrosby1986 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:45 pm

*UPDATE*
I have been taking Saphris for 12 days now. I did 4 days of 1.25 mg.-cut the 2.5 mg. in half (I realize your not suppose to do that but nothing I can do now) & the last 8 days I have been taking the full 2.5 mg. Today (day 13) I will be starting 5 mg. So far Im glad I stuck with it. I have been taking at night which helps me sleep. During the day I seem to be more up beat, less anxious & depressed, & more social. I pray that as I continue up the dose strength that everything keeps getting better. I will keep updating here as I continue. Please feel free to message me with any questions or input. Thank you & God Bless!
jessecrosby1986
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Re: Saphris Question

Postby Justddrown » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:16 am

I was on a similar cocktail at one time saphris was so amazing going to sleep. But I was also on lexapro for depression. However, I don’t remember any real issues with the drugs.

-- Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:16 am --

I was on a similar cocktail at one time saphris was so amazing going to sleep. But I was also on lexapro for depression. However, I don’t remember any real issues with the drugs.
Justddrown
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Return to Medication

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post