Our partner

Get stiffed in the back of Haldol, alternatives?

Medication about Anti-Psychotics message board, open discussion, and online support.
Forum rules
We are not professionals on this site, nor are any of the members. Always consult with your physician or other doctor about any type of medications.

Get stiffed in the back of Haldol, alternatives?

Postby Mulla » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:34 pm

2001, when I started with antipsychotic, I was prescribed Risperdal (risperidone), it worked a little bit against my paranoia, but I got very tired of it. The only thing that works is Haldol (haloperidol). I've take 4 mg's for several years, except for stops to trying other antipsychotic.

Later I've pain in the lower part of my back. I was trying with Akineton (biperidene), but I can't take that, I got paranoid and psychotic even with a small dose. Now I have 3 mg Haldol, and it works but I still have pain in my back.

I have tried Nozinan (levomepromazine), Risperdal (risperidone), Zyprexa (olanzapine), Zeldox (ziprasidone), Seroquel (quetiapin), Abilify (aripiprazole) and Esucos (dixyrazine). Esucos worked a bit, and it's possible that a higher dose could replace Haldol. But Esucos is not longer available here in Sweden.

For about a year ago, I was trying Abilify again, but became very depressed and apathetic. Soon Rxulti (Vraylar or brexipiprazole) will be released here, and I don't know if I want to try it, because it related to aripiprazole...

Wonder a little of your experiences of brexipiprazole, or maybe Latuda (lurasidone) is an alternative. Another antipsychotic which will be released here soon is Reagila (cariprazine). I mean compared with Haldol.

Of course there is a lot of the older antipsychotic, that I haven’t tried, but I'm aware that they have more side effects.
I use Google Translate - Sorry for grammar- or typographical error.

For now, I'm on...
-Venlafaxine 375 mg - Against depression
-Pregabalin 225 mg - Against anxiety
-Haloperidol 3 mg - Against paranoia and psychoses
-Clonazepam 2 mg - Against anxiety
-Alimemazine 120 mg - For sleep
-Zopiclone 7,5 mg - For sleep
Mulla
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:33 am
Blog: View Blog (0)