Our partner

Valdoxan (agomelatine)

Medication about Anti-Depressants message board, open discussion, and online support.
Forum rules
We are not professionals on this site, nor are any of the members. Always consult with your physician or other doctor about any type of medications.

Valdoxan (agomelatine)

Postby lilyfairy » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:52 am

Has anyone tried this one out? I know its new-ish and that it's going to be expensive in Australia, but I'm just curious to know anyone else thought of it if they'd tested it out?
First rule of mental health: Learn to distinguish who deserves an explanation, who deserves only one answer, and who deserves absolutely nothing.

Forum Rules

Whatever you're doing today, do it with the confidence of a four-year-old in a Batman t-shirt.
lilyfairy
Site Admin

Local time: Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Valdoxan (agomelatine)

Postby Winterblue » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:19 pm

Hey, I'm from Australia and in my first week on it. Have experienced side effects but nothing as bad as Zoloft, Avanza, Ciprmil, and Cimbalta. I have itching all over, seems to be subsiding, a few stomach pains and weight gain only a few kgs. I have been feeling more suicidal in this first week but it's not worrying me. Just put it down to stuff actually doing something in my brain. Have psych appointment today so will mention these effects and let u know what he says later. On the plus side, sleeping better and feel less anxious and up an down emotionally.
Winterblue
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:45 am

Postby lilyfairy » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:59 am

Hi Winterblue

Hope it goes well for you. I haven't ended up trying out this one as yet, I ended up being put on something different, which I'm currently waiting to see how it goes, but it's on the list if this one doesn't go so well.
First rule of mental health: Learn to distinguish who deserves an explanation, who deserves only one answer, and who deserves absolutely nothing.

Forum Rules

Whatever you're doing today, do it with the confidence of a four-year-old in a Batman t-shirt.
lilyfairy
Site Admin

Postby Winterblue » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:19 pm

Hey just thought I'd let u know I've come off it. The suicidal thoughts plus itching all over we're not good signs so trying to find another one that's ok. He gave me a script for quetiapine but not going to take it as a bit of my own research says it puts on weight. Any suggestions for others?
Winterblue
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby lilyfairy » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:30 pm

Sorry to hear it didn't go so well.

I have had bad reactions to almost everything they've given me. Right now I'm on the lowest dose of olanzapine which has leveled out my moods a lot and I've just started on paroxetine about a week ago. The olanzapine has made me want to eat constantly and I've put about 5kg on, but since starting the paroxetine I've not been wanting to eat so much, so hopefully it is going to balance out there.

Meds depend on the individual a lot and what works well for me might be terrible for you. Many of the psych meds have the unfortunate side effect of weight gain. Perhaps give the quetiapine a try and see if it works for you?

Forum Rules

lilyfairy
Site Admin

Postby Winterblue » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:35 am

Ok. Trying the quetiapine. Will see how I go.
Winterblue
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Bui » Sun May 21, 2017 1:01 am

First experience with Valdoxan was back in 2011. Totally new drug and I was not yet diagnosed as Bipolar. I took the drug alone, without anything else. It got me terribly uncontrollably manic and I had to stop it within 2 weeks.

Second experience, now in 2017. My new psychiatrist decided it was time to give this drug a second chance because now I'm covered by antipsychotics and more stuff to prevent me to get manic. He also said this is one of the less dangerous Anti-Depressants for Bipolars (mania-wise). Just completed 15 days today. This time it has been wonderful so far, some long-forgotten emotions are back and no mania signs (so far). I feel relieved.
Diagnostics
- Official: Bipolar I
- Self-Diagnosed: Narcissistic Traits (only)
Medications Today :
- None
Medications in The Past:
- 500mg Lamotrigine / 500mg Topiramate / 10mg Aripiprazole / 240mg Ziprasidone (post 400mg Clozapine change)
Bui
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:45 pm

Return to Anti-Depressants