Our partner

Lexapro seems to not be working anymore

Medication about Anti-Depressants message board, open discussion, and online support.
Forum rules
We are not professionals on this site, nor are any of the members. Always consult with your physician or other doctor about any type of medications.

Lexapro seems to not be working anymore

Postby ParanoidPains » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:21 pm

I've been on lexapro since September 2015. I started on 10mg and was upped to 15mg during 2016 and then up to 20 mg a few months later. I can't express how much this medicine has helped me. It gave me back my life. I'm 21 now and without it i wouldn't be here. Lately I've noticed my anxiety disorder is hard to manage. The physical and mental symptoms are really bothering me. My OCD is also out of control and my depression isn't doing to great either. I'm not as bad as I was in 2015 but I don't feel as good as I did in 2016 either. This is a very stressful time in my life because I'm moving away from Ireland to Canada in a few weeks so everything is very unstable right now. I'm worried about everything and really can't afford to have mental health issues right now. I need to be in a good mindset. Has anyone experienced this lull before with lexapro? I can't see a psych cos of the expense and my doctor is a no go.
ParanoidPains
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:29 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Lexapro seems to not be working anymore

Postby Wally58 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:42 pm

Part of the stress is obviously situational. How much of it is chemical, I can't say. Honestly, your doctor would be the one to consult about this.
Everyone reacts differently to SSRIs. Effectiveness and side-effects may vary over time. Are you eating and sleeping OK?
Best of luck to you. :D
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
Wally58
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:29 pm

Re: Lexapro seems to not be working anymore

Postby ParanoidPains » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:56 pm

My doctor isn't any help anymore so I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. I don't eat that great I admit and my sleep pattern is pretty bad. I sleep around 4am till about 2pm. I've started having strange dreams again, not scary but they're gradually getting weirder
ParanoidPains
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:29 am

Return to Anti-Depressants

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post