Our partner

Viibryd (tw)

Medication about Anti-Depressants message board, open discussion, and online support.
Forum rules
We are not professionals on this site, nor are any of the members. Always consult with your physician or other doctor about any type of medications.

Viibryd (tw)

Postby Kdoc » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:59 pm

I currently take Viibryd 40 mg for anxiety and depression. It has been the most effective medication over the last 9 years and countless types of medications I have tried. HOWEVER, if I miss a dose or even take a dose late, I get flooded with the worst emotions ever. I am crabby. I cry. I lose all rationality in my thoughts and start to plan ways to hurt myself. Usually this is when I realize I've missed a dose and then can calm down a bit, knowing these emotions are biological/chemical and will change once I take my medicine. It is awful in the moment though.

Does this happen to anyone else? Any suggestions? I want to switch meds but my pdoc says I'm kind of out of options. (She suggests ECT and Lithium but I refuse).
Kdoc
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:50 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Viibryd (tw)

Postby helloagain » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:25 am

Why do you refuse ECT and lithium when the pdoc suggests them?
helloagain
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:20 am

Postby Kdoc » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:43 am

With ECT, I'm afraid of the possibility of short term memory loss. It would also be difficult to take the time off of work. I would hate to have to hide this from my family and would equally hate to tell them about it.

With Lithium, I'm afraid of the potential side effects. It seems like with whatever medication I take, I get the side effects.

I had genetic testing done to determine which medications would work best based off of how I metabolize different medication. That is how we decided on Viibryd. The test didn't look at Lithium though. Just antidepressants and antipsychotics.
Kdoc
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:50 pm

Postby helloagain » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:38 am

In that case it would be best to stick to the time tested regimen taking special precaution not to forget a dose. There is no need to change your meds.
helloagain
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:20 am

Return to Anti-Depressants

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post