Our partner

Fiance suddenly ends relationship/family on Welbutrin

Medication about Anti-Depressants message board, open discussion, and online support.
Forum rules
We are not professionals on this site, nor are any of the members. Always consult with your physician or other doctor about any type of medications.

Fiance suddenly ends relationship/family on Welbutrin

Postby sapientiaeultio » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:33 am

Hi,
My fiance and I have been together nearly 5 years. We were both single parents (he has a son and so do I) so we made this nice little family. Being both divorced, we got on our feet. Moved into our own place and eventually bought a house. He started Welbutrin about 2 months ago because he has anger management issues and depression. He refused SSRI's thinking this would be best. However, I didn't notice the effects. He was getting more distant, started snapping at me about stupid things, and just became very closed off. I went to visit my family for the weekend and he called all day every day, telling me he missed me and loved me. We have had a good relationship. We are great friends and aside from some stupid squabbles here and there there's not much issue. I get back on Thanksgiving and we have dinner, we have sex, everything is pretty normal. He tells me he missed me he couldn't sleep good while I was gone.

The next day, he won't look at me. He's acting all sorts of weird and just sweating. I get him to talk to me and he tells me he doesn't want to be with me anymore. He doesn't love me enough to make me happy or give 100%. I ask if there's someone else he says yes. I think he cheated, and I leave to go to a friend's house with my son.
I find out that night that Welbutrin can mess a person's head up. This could be medication. So I try to talk to him....he just rubs his head and rocks and he doesn't see he's doing it. He has stopped taking the medication at this point because he has such a bad migraine I called the doctor's office emergency number and they said stop immediately. I finally was able to get a conversation out of him 2 days off...he says he felt a "spark" for someone else and he didn't act on it, but he can't be with me if he had feelings for someone else. I pointed out how illogical that was because everyone gets those feelings its what we do with it..and him and I have even discussed this before. Neither of us are the jealous type. Then he tells me he doesn't want to be with me because he can't spend enough time with his son....which makes no sense there we have a good family going. I told him I love him and he says "I love you too" but will not look at me.
Day 3 he doesn't want to be anywhere near me...but I have a doctor's appointment coming up and he says he's still going with because he wants to be my friend and enjoys my company...I am so confused. I am not leaving because both his doctor, nurse, and a psychiatrist said if I leave he could have a complete breakdown and hurt himself so I am staying here. They said this is just the medicine so hang in there.
Day 4 I get him to agree to see a psychologist to admit some of these feelings might be medication issues. He cringes if I try to just rub his shoulder (I always do that it hurts him a lot) so I don't touch him. I stay 4 feet away pretty much. I stay positive and talk with the kids and just leave him be. He's sleeping on the couch and just stares at the TV. I had one moment he looked me in the eyes and I didn't see emptiness. Its ******* me inside.
Tonight I told him I wanted him to know that I haven't left because I believe in him and us and I know we will get through this. I said I wanted him to know this. He answered "okay whatever" I am pretty sure he is planning on trying to cross paths with this girl that "sparked" him tomorrow because he said he has to do personal things after work and usually we drive together since my car is in the shop.
I am dying inside. This is ******* me so bad but I keep being told its the medication and DO NOT WALK AWAY because he will come back even if it takes 2-3 weeks. But I am so scared. In just a day I lost the love of my life and he acts like I am a pebble in his shoe. He even told his son (who thinks of me as mom) that he doesn't want to be with me anymore because he has feelings for someone else. His son told me this tonight and I feel like my heart is bleeding.
Please help me here. Not only am I trying to keep a smile on my face so the kids stay stable, but I have to keep myself from kicking him out or just having a breakdown. I am trying to stay strong. Am I wasting my time here? Is there hope? Am I doing the right thing?
Please help me I feel like I am loosing my mind and everything inside me is being crushed. I have severe anxieties and Im being smart and taking the Xanex regular not abusing it..I just don't know what to do to help me get through this or if I can. Is this really the medicine talking? Has anyone else been through this with Welbutrin??
sapientiaeultio
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:38 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Fiance suddenly ends relationship/family on Welbutrin

Postby AnxietyGirl74 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:13 pm

I'm not really sure what to tell you. I know I am on Wellbutrin 300 XL and have been up to the highest dose before (450 XL) and have never had any kind of thing like that happen to me, but everyone is different. It can cause increased anxiety in people and I would think it wouldn't be good combined with drinking or drugs, so if either of those is a factor, it may have something to do with it. Other than that, I might make an appointment with a therapist and discuss with them your concern for what is going on. They deal with people who are on these medications, even though they don't prescribe them. Although if he sees any of them, they can't describe his case, you could discuss your concern about what's going on and ask them if they think it is just the medication or if it is a relationship dying. I would advise going to his therapist if he sees one, though. In the end, though, honestly, I think you would know better than anyone because you observe his behaviors on a day to day basis.
Psych Meds: Prozac 80 mgs, Risperdal 2 mgs, Lamictal 150 mgs twice a day, Wellbutrin XL 300 mgs, Xanax XR 2 mgs
AnxietyGirl74
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:38 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Anti-Depressants