Our partner

anti-depressants that won't make me angry or gain weight?

Medication about Anti-Depressants message board, open discussion, and online support.
Forum rules
We are not professionals on this site, nor are any of the members. Always consult with your physician or other doctor about any type of medications.

anti-depressants that won't make me angry or gain weight?

Postby wantingtofeelnormal » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:08 pm

I was first diagnosed with depression almost a year ago. The doctors in the hospital put me on Lexapro because it was one of the most mild anti-depressants. I was on Lexapro for about 9 months and gained 20lbs so I asked my doctor for another alternative. She put me on Wellbutrin, which she thought would help me lose some of the weight I had gained on Lexapro. At first Wellbutrin worked alright, but the longer I take it the more angry I have become and having major bursts of anger, which is completely out of character for me, even when depressed. Any suggestions on which anti-depressants won't make me angry and won't make me gain weight? I plan on discussing with my doctor, but want to find out from people who actually use the medications versus a doctor who merely prescribes them. Thanks!
wantingtofeelnormal
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:50 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: anti-depressants that won't make me angry or gain weight?

Postby AnxietyGirl74 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:01 pm

Everyone is different, but Prozac and Paxil were good for me.
Psych Meds: Prozac 80 mgs, Risperdal 2 mgs, Lamictal 150 mgs twice a day, Wellbutrin XL 300 mgs, Xanax XR 2 mgs
AnxietyGirl74
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:50 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Anti-Depressants

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post