Our partner

My malingering got me put in a psychiatric ward

Malingering message board, open discussion, and online support group.

My malingering got me put in a psychiatric ward

Postby sufferrer99 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:31 pm

A warning to malingerers from a malingerer,
I've been receiving cognitive behavioural therapy and fluoxetine for my depression for a few months now, and recently I started telling my doctor all sorts of lies about hearing voices and having urges to do as they say and that people were out to get me. I asked if I could be admitted to a psychiatric hospital for them and they said they'd interview me. At that point, I was pretending to hear voices to my parents, at which point they requested an interview to be soon. During the interview, I lied my way through question after question before the doctor said he would allocate me a place. I found this a triumph, until I got there. Once I got there I immediately regretted it, and it has pretty much ruined my life; I got cold feet and told them that I had lied and none of them believe me.
sufferrer99
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:03 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: My malingering got me put in a psychiatric ward

Postby CrackedGirl » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:55 pm

Thank you for your honesty. I am sorry you are not being listened to now you are telling the truth. I think it is a good idea to continue to tell them that you were lying before but be warned that they may continue to believe you are delusional.

Best of luck and let us know how you go.

Cracked
So long and thanks for all the fish

Now we are out of the sea and we're keeping away from the sharks

We don't delete posts on demand

The Rules

When all else fails, hug the CAT

Obey The Moderator

CrackedGirl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:03 pm
Blog: View Blog (177)

Postby hannahclay » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:55 pm

i was just wondering what the "secondary gain" you were trying to fufill by doing this?
hannahclay
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:03 am

Postby Guangxi » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:37 pm

I just was crazy and now I like to make believe that I am recovered. I am thinking of telling that my problem was hypothyroidism and that after medication turned my thyroid gland hormones to normal, I don’t have these problems anymore. I have never used antipsychotics and they make you only a chronic schizophrenic, so I can’t say that they have cured me.

I could also make believe that it was all a joke because of a certain remark they made twenty year ago. Would they believe that?
Guangxi
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby CrackedGirl » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:58 am

Guangxi wrote:I just was crazy and now I like to make believe that I am recovered. I am thinking of telling that my problem was hypothyroidism and that after medication turned my thyroid gland hormones to normal, I don’t have these problems anymore. I have never used antipsychotics and they make you only a chronic schizophrenic, so I can’t say that they have cured me.

I could also make believe that it was all a joke because of a certain remark they made twenty year ago. Would they believe that?

Is this that you have been malingering in the past and now are wondering how to explain that you no longer do this so no longer appear "ill". I just want to clarify what you mean before replying. Just as an aside antipsychotics dont make you a chronic schizophrenic. I have been on them for years and am at the best I have been for a long time including when i was working as a Dr. Anyhow please let me know what you meant and I will do my best to answer

Cracked

The Rules

Obey The Moderator

CrackedGirl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Guangxi » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:01 pm

I said “I just was crazy”, meaning that my situations differs in the sense that I was really crazy. But I have the same problem of making people believe that I am not anymore.

Have you stopped using antipsychotics? At least you are a chronic psychiatric patient.
And the withdrawal reactions of antipsychotics can resemble schizophrenia.

In a moment when people are looking for help for psychological problems for themselves or their children, psychiatrists decide for them that they will be drug addicts for the rest of their live. There are some investigations seemingly showing drugs more effective than placebo in the first weeks of treatment, but in the long run they all seem worse then no drugs.

By the way, I believe that you are now malingering.
Guangxi
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby CrackedGirl » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:34 am

Thank you for your thoughts on whether or not I am malingering especially when I was just trying to help you.

I think I am going to trust the opinion of my qualified psychiatrist over you.

Should you want to discuss the evil nature of psychiatry you would be best posting in the anti psych forum

Best wishes

Cracked

The Rules

Obey The Moderator

CrackedGirl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Guangxi » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:20 pm

My opinions about psychiatrists have naturally mainly to do with the position I myself take towards psychiatric drugs and when I say something it is a merely reflection of my thoughts. I have no messianic intent, but I don’t see why I should hide my opinion either. It is not that I myself restrain from drugs, but think that I better should not interfere with others using them, because they keep them docile and maybe prevent danger that way.

I agree that you shouldn’t rely on my opinion. But I disagree that someone should only rely on his/her qualified psychiatrist.
Instead of relying only on their qualified psychiatrist, people could also read some of the books mentioned in the following articles:
http://www.nybooks.com/articles/archives/2011/jun/23/epidemic-mental-illness-why/
http://www.nybooks.com/articles/archives/2011/jul/14/illusions-of-psychiatry/
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2008/mar/02/mythoftheantipsychotic

I have been wondering why psychiatrists always medicate patients thereby thwarting more effective methods like cognitive behavior therapy and exercise. I concocted that someone with a medical background is only of value when he prescribes medical therapies. I don’t believe that it is only the pharmaceutical industry that has corrupted psychiatry.
Going to a psychiatrist is the same thing as looking for a medical solution, if you don’t want medication (or electroshock) don’t go to a psychiatrist.

I believe that in every forum where you can talk about medication, you can also argue against medication; not only in an anti-psychiatry forum.
Only when you want to harm a malingerer, do you withheld from her information about the damaging effects of taking drugs.
Guangxi
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby CrackedGirl » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:14 am

I really am not concerned what you believe me to be.

This forum is primarily for people who act out with malingering or who have been affected by this in some way. As an admin here and also as someone who has some experience in this field from work I am here to moderate it and ensure that things are kept on topic.

If you have something pertinent and/or useful to add please feel free. If you continue to make off topic statements this thread will be locked as will any further off topic threads you make along with further action should this be necessary. I suggest you investigate the anti psych forum.

Cracked

The Rules

Obey The Moderator

CrackedGirl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6