Our partner

I think I can see my future

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.
*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

I think I can see my future

Postby jason_g » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:58 pm

I will live my life everyday like normal. Minding my own business, talking to some friends, most of the time on the computer wasting my time on games, movies, with friends, and researching things I am interested in. I have tried mixing with the new people around me however I feel I am not accepted, so moving countries at 17 years old and losing touch with most of my friends was definetely not a good move.

Now the issue I have. I can see my future. There are times when I literally go into a short trance, and I can playback what is currently happening from my memories. Like the current events that are happening infront of me, I have already seen them happen before. For a while I had assumed this was just deja vu, however upon researching what deja vu is I am pretty sure this is not the same thing.

A simple example I can give you is my latest experience, where I was online and chatting away at this girl. We both are really into each other, however she is in another country and our relationship is one of those long distance things, I myself do not believe it will last sadly. However, at one point when chatting to her, I got my trance, and I literally could see that this experience I was having with this particular person, what I was doing and so on, all happened sometime before, or at least... I was able to forsee it happening. I have been experiencing these trips, or trances, or whatever you want to brand them as, for my whole life. I remember the first time it happening at the age of 6.

I want to know if anyone else is experiencing the same issues I am experiencing, or am I just really screwed up and need medication? No... this is not a made up pile of $#%^ to get free drugs, I really do have these issues and it scares the living $#%^ out of me when they happen.
jason_g
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:41 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby miss_me » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:58 am

the only thing i d like to ask you is....
can you do it for me??? :)
miss_me
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby And_Gone_He_Was » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:01 am

You might be what som people call a medium or somthing, maybe you can learn to control it so you decide whether it happens or not.
And_Gone_He_Was
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:41 pm

Postby u8muhrice » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:16 am

Hey, I can see what you're saying and no I do not think you need medication. It is good that you realize this.

First off, I just think you're simply dreaming. I usually zone out too, but instead of seeing the "future" I just zone out completely and just think about the past and get really anxious. Anyways, what I am trying to say is, these experiences you're having is completely normal however, you have to tell yourself that you're not looking into the future, because that is impossible. Dreaming is fine, just don't delude yourself that everything will come to place. If you honestly start dreaming about this girl and see if you have a future, then honestly go to her country if you can. Just don't dream that everything will fall into place by just not doing anything.

It seems like two might have a lot in common and it could work out, however, the real answer is if you are committed to go after her.
u8muhrice
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Postby Sun_Girl » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:32 pm

Do you mean precognitions? Where you..... get a vision of something before it happens? I believe in those. The mind is a mysterious, powerful thing. (: Precognitions are actually pretty common.

Lol, what do you normally see? Or how long is a normal gap between vision and it's actual occurence? Do they play out like movies from your eyes? Maybe you feel what you're going to feel or get the thoughts you'll be having at the time. Hear what you'll hear..... Blah, blah.......
By the way..... I don't suppose you often quickly forget what you saw during a 'trance' leave after it arrives, only be remembered later as the vision becomes life?
Sun_Girl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:41 pm

Postby albie » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:48 pm

I see the future too. In many ways. I doodle alot and often pictures come true (no, I'm not that guy from HEROES). Sometimes years later. I can look at one of my pictures, look up at the TV and see that image on an advert or something.

I dream the future too.

I can't burst people's heads yet, but I try every day. :D

It really makes you think about time and destiny. Are we really moving in a real world or is this history? Have we travelled back in time and living in our own past? Trapped and unable to alter anything?

Or do all moments in time exist at the same time and we move from one room to another than move through time? :?:
albie
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby jason_g » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:21 pm

the trances / trips, whatever, i get are basically like this:

something IS happening.... i all of a sudden go into a daydream i cannot control...

i see what JUST happened before my eyes and I feel like something is telling me that this is all meant to happen... like it was all planned and now that I have reached that point in real time... I am basically being marked on a checkpoint.

some of you might find this funny but I really do get this happening to me at random times and it really scares me, its like being a 5 year old kid waking up screaming from a horrible nightmare.

it might be hilarious to you, but its not for me... and some of my friends now see me as a wacko, and avoid me.
jason_g
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Sun_Girl » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:55 pm

I think these are precognitions. I have them too. They are pretty common, again....

I've been doing this since I was little, like you. I 'see' a clip of the future usually months before it happens. When I get hit, I see what I'll see, and get the thoughts and feelings I'll be having at the time. Hahah, even the deja vu I'll be feeling then. They show up at random. It's that, the vividness and deja vu that makes sure I just got a vision. It's always mundane, umiportant things like walking down a hallway or a conversation with someone. I always remember when and where I had the vision when this happens.

Because of experiences with them, I don't believe time is set in stone, asides from the past of course. Like... It's changeable, we're in control of everything. It tends to move in a steady course though. Ever 'seen' something that felt too much like a vision but never happened, or not the exact way you saw it? Maybe because of something you did? I won't get into it all for now because I think I sound like loon. =P But yeah......

Btw, sorry about your friends. They couldn't have been that great if they left you like that. It would be best if you kept this to yourself, I think. I've met people who openly talked about it. That's the only time I'll personally say anything about them. That is also why I promise these things are pretty ordinary in the population.
Sun_Girl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:41 pm

Postby albie » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:31 pm

My life is so boring that my psychic self has nothing to forewarn me about. If stuff happened I might see more.

Makes you wonder what the point of it is.
albie
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby Souther » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:35 pm

jason_g wrote:the trances / trips, whatever, i get are basically like this:

something IS happening.... i all of a sudden go into a daydream i cannot control...

i see what JUST happened before my eyes and I feel like something is telling me that this is all meant to happen... like it was all planned and now that I have reached that point in real time... I am basically being marked on a checkpoint.

some of you might find this funny but I really do get this happening to me at random times and it really scares me, its like being a 5 year old kid waking up screaming from a horrible nightmare.

it might be hilarious to you, but its not for me... and some of my friends now see me as a wacko, and avoid me.

Hmm...im thinking some sort of delusional disorder, but probably not any of the schizoid disorders or you would have other signs.
Also, this is gonna sound wack, but hear me out. Maybe its some form of Traumatic stress disorder caused by the move? The dissassociating trance sounds like it might be your brain being overloaded with stress.......just a thought with no backing or proof.
Souther
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Next

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post