Our partner

Questioning my own mind. Cussing warning!

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.
*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

Questioning my own mind. Cussing warning!

Postby ALiteralPsychopath » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:38 am

Hi, this is my first post on here, and tbh I don't know wtf I'm doing. But, I've wondered this for a long time and I'm too afraid to ask this to anyone in real life.. But if I have the feeling that I've been abused when I was younger (I'm 16) is it possible I was? Or am I just being a stupid attention seeking little b. I struggle with trusting myself and there's literally no one I can ask... Idk maybe I'm just stupid.. Sorry.. I just have to know. I feel so ######6 empty w/o so much knowledge of my childhood. :(
ALiteralPsychopath
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:56 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Questioning my own mind. Cussing warning!

Postby lilyfairy » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:37 am

Hi and welcome.

I have the same questions about my own past. I have some small snippets of memory that suggest something happened and a whole load of memory gaps. I'd like to ask extended family about stuff, but don't feel comfortable doing so. I fear it would raise more questions and problems than I really want to answer.

I don't think it's stupid or attention seeking at all. I do understand the empty feeling, and not being able to trust yourself or your feelings or memories.

You might like to have a poke around the posts in the abuse and dissociative forums- there are a lot of other posters there who can likely relate to the feeling.

Lily
First rule of mental health: Learn to distinguish who deserves an explanation, who deserves only one answer, and who deserves absolutely nothing.

Forum Rules

Whatever you're doing today, do it with the confidence of a four-year-old in a Batman t-shirt.
lilyfairy
Site Admin

Local time: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:56 am

Re: Questioning my own mind. Cussing warning!

Postby Snaga » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:06 pm

Hello, and welcome! I've moved this post to our 'catch all', Living With Mental Illness forum.

What sort of abuse are you thinking happened? Physical or sexual? Everything Lily said- have a look around either the child abuse (physical) and or the sexual abuse (child sexual abuse) forums and also the dissociative forums, to see if anything resonates.

Tell someone today you love them, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also confusing and terrifying.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:56 pm

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post