Our partner

Why do I feel like this and how to make it stop?

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.
*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

Why do I feel like this and how to make it stop?

Postby SMB1701 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:08 pm

I am a great student, I know my stuff I tell you and have results to match. But when night comes a feeling of pain completely engulfs my heart, it feels like it is on fire, and for a very long time darkness envelops me, and then there and then I wish I could cease to exist...every now and then when I hear people talking and laughing in the distance I get very scared, I am talking about heavy heartbeat loss of concentration type of scared, like death himself has just touched my shoulder. And I can't even explain it to anyone, I don't know what it is, all I know is that I want it to stop.
SMB1701
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:01 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Why do I feel like this and how to make it stop?

Postby Snaga » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:14 pm

Hello and welcome! Why do you think it is that hearing others in the distance is scary?

Tell someone today you love them, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also confusing and terrifying.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:01 pm

Postby SMB1701 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:49 pm

I don't know why, maybe they are laughing at me or maybe I did something stupid.
SMB1701
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Snaga » Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:05 pm

First off- my apologies. I think I accidentally disapproved some posts- I was confusing you with a similar looking account that was self-deactivated. It was an honest mistake.

SMB1701 wrote:I don't know why, maybe they are laughing at me or maybe I did something stupid.

Do you have a history of any kind of delusional or psychotic disorders? I've occasionally walked up to those things a time or two, but never quite crossed over to thinking people in the distance are speaking about me, unless they're within sight. Have you talked to a professional about this?

Tell someone today you love them, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also confusing and terrifying.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Postby SMB1701 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:04 am

I have never been to a professional, can't afford it, so I don't know.
SMB1701
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Snaga » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:08 am

Surely there's some free services somewhere- you mentioned studies- is there a school counselor? I really think you need to see someone about this.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Snaga
Site Admin

Postby SMB1701 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:49 am

I have made arrangements for that, but to be honest the last time I went to University for help, I left feeling good and ready to live on a happy and wonderful life, but it didn't last, as soon as I was in the social scene all of the those problems came back. Now I am a bit skeptical.
SMB1701
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Snaga » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:22 pm

Well, for a lot of people it's an ongoing process- lots of people need ongoing therapy and/or meds in order to continue feeling relatively functional.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Snaga
Site Admin

Postby SMB1701 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:24 pm

Thank you for not making me feel like an insane and delusional idiot.
SMB1701
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Snaga » Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:47 pm

It's Psych Forums, not Dog Owner forums- you're hardly alone here...

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Snaga
Site Admin

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post