Our partner

Any recommendations as to how to outright end hallucinations

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.
*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

Any recommendations as to how to outright end hallucinations

Postby OhItsThatGuyAgain » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:53 pm

I’ve been hallucinating almost non-stop for over 400 days. Visual, auditory, tactile, gustatory, even chronoceptive hallucinations. I’m hallucinating right now as I write this. Luckily, the hallucinations aren’t quite as intense so as to prevent me from perceiving and interacting with the real world. My next appointment with my therapist is next month and with my psychiatrist is in July. As I write this I’m seeing apparitions and hearing voices commenting on what I’m writing about. Every once in awhile they quiet down to the extent that I feel as if they’re finally gone. This usually happens when I’m interacting socially with real human beings (whether it be on an interpersonal level or online); but, the hallucinations return almost shortly after I get home. Do any of you happen to known of a “quick fix” to get the hallucinations to go away for good? Preferably something that doesn’t involve medication (I’m not taking any antipsychotics and haven’t since early-2019) and is relatively safe and easy to do? Many thanks in advance.
OhItsThatGuyAgain
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon May 10, 2021 12:32 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Any recommendations as to how to outright end hallucinations

Postby Sunnyg » Sun May 02, 2021 1:01 pm

Hi there,

Talking on the phone helps me. Staying present in the moment in conversation with connection is some of the best medicine. There are warm lines staffed at a lot of mental health centers. You could volunteer or try working for one and possibly even do it remotely in your community. Hope that helps.

Sunny
"I trust that if I start to fall off the ladder of life again, others will pick me back up and put me back on."
-Sunnyg
Sunnyg
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon May 10, 2021 4:32 am
Blog: View Blog (12)

Postby CammieMe » Mon May 03, 2021 4:12 am

Sunny has some great points. I definitely agree with talking and having connections.
CammieMe
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Mon May 10, 2021 4:32 pm

Postby Snaga » Mon May 03, 2021 11:56 pm

Oh wow that's an excellent suggestion, Sunny!

I don't (think) I have hallucinations- realising of course if I did would I even know it?- but I do get... very odd in my thought patterns, if I'm alone for long stretches of time. Being around others does help me to keep my thoughts more ordered and 'normal'. So even though I'm not suffering from this particular malady I can attest to the idea Sunny put forth. Even if someone has a PD that causes them to be a loner, in the end we're a social species. And I do think human connections help to keep us grounded as individuals.

Tell someone you love them today, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also terrifying and confusing.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Mon May 10, 2021 2:32 am

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post