Our partner

help my voices control my life

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.
*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

help my voices control my life

Postby jadekenn » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:28 am

iive been hearing voices for years weve tried all kind of medication but nothing seems to help. they tell me to self harm and if i dont they will hurt my loved ones i know there only voices and cant do anything but i dont want to risk it. i just need a break from them i want control of my life.
any advice is welcome
Last edited by Snaga on Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: moved from Member's Corner to LWMI, no edits
jadekenn
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:07 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: help my voices control my life

Postby Snaga » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:05 pm

hello and welcome to the forums!

You say the voices tell you to self-harm, then if you don't, terrible things will happen?

Are these literal voices that you audibly hear? I'm just wanting to distinguish this from intrusive thoughts.

Tell someone today that you love them; for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon; for Life is also terrifying and confusing.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:07 pm

i need help

Postby jadekenn » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:47 am

my voices are out of control, i just need some help ways to control them. they make me self harm by saying if i dont self harm and if i dont then they'll hurt my loved ones i know its stupid there just voices but im scared to risk it.
i also see someone that people tell me they cant see but i do, im sure there all lying to me they can see her to, i i just need someone to say its going to be okay,
Last edited by Snaga on Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged
jadekenn
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Snaga » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:37 am

Hello again, I've merged this into your existing thread but there's a link left in the forum you had placed it in.

So you hear voices, and you also see someone that others don't?

I mean, this could be a psychotic disorder, or... it depends on the voices- it's my understanding that audible voices are more like for things like schizophrenia- whereas sometimes people with dissociative identity disorder- multiple personalities- will hear voices but they I think more often understand that they're in their head, and not coming from outside.

Either way- if you're hearing voices and seeing people that others don't hear or see, you need to talk to a professional about this- if the urging to self harm is intense, then you might even have to simply present yourself at hospital, and tell them what is going on. I know you may not want to- I wouldn't- but there's no quick fix for that kind of thing- and I'm not sure what anyone here can tell you to stop it, until you've seen a doctor and been given some tools to help manage it.

Tell someone today that you love them; for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon; for Life is also terrifying and confusing.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Postby Snaga » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:38 am

And I think it CAN be okay- IF you go get some help. Of course it will- millions of people live with mental illness that creates hallucinations. But you're going to have to have professional help, I think.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Snaga
Site Admin

Postby jadekenn » Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:36 pm

I’ve been diagnosed with Schizophrenia but I’ve relapsed I just feel like I’m never going to get anywhere the meds don’t work my cpn says I’m a difficult case I just need ways to get me through this.

Thank you for replying
jadekenn
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Snaga » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:33 am

Well I sympathise. I had an extended family member with schizophrenia that was hard to control. It may be rough for a while- I know for the person I speak of, the only meds that worked were pretty heavy-duty, and a new doctor would come along and try to adjust them, with the usual result of needing to go into hospital to get stable again. So.. it may be a while before they find just what works for you.

But look- I believe in you. I believe you're going to get through this, with your caregiver's help. The very fact you're here, and that you KNOW these voices are... not quite right, and that you know it stems from your illness- means so much. I have never had voices or seen people. I'm OCD- so I have had some pretty good delusional thinking at times- but I've never, or only rarely, hallucinated- that I know of. I can't imagine how real these voices and the person you see must seem. But remember- they cannot MAKE you do anything. You're in control. They can't make you self-harm, and try not to listen to what they say. Keep telling the cpn what's going on for you. Try and keep calm- I know it's terrifying. Hopefully they'll find some meds that work. If you feel as if you just can't help but self-harm, then please to go hospital if you have to. You can get through this.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Snaga
Site Admin

Postby jadekenn » Sun May 02, 2021 5:36 pm

I’m scared to tell my cpn anything As she put me in hospital a couple of years ago

I’m happy you have your ocd under control, I hope one day I will have control.
I’m grateful you replied it’s nice to get all of this out without being judged thank you
jadekenn
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Snaga » Sun May 02, 2021 6:19 pm

Hugs, if wanted.

We're not here to judge. This is a peer support forum, most of us here are broken in some way or another. You're in good company, here.

Look I can't say anything- I wouldn't want to tell someone either. But I would expect someone to tell me I need to tell my cpn, anyway. I mean especially with voices and/or seeing people that others don't. When the outside world and things that are just in our brain get mixed up- we need help. It's one thing to have delusional thoughts- but quite another to be battling audible voices and people, being accusatory at you, or threatening you if you don't do this or that. You need all the help you can get, to live a good life.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Snaga
Site Admin

Postby CammieMe » Mon May 03, 2021 4:14 am

Eventually, you will get to your goal. I wish you all the best.
CammieMe
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:07 am

Next

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post