Our partner

I have no idea whats wrong with me

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.
*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

I have no idea whats wrong with me

Postby littleducks » Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:57 pm

I'm fairly certain I have a mental illness but when I look up the things that go on in my head I can't find anything that applies to me. Its hard for me to put into words how I feel but I'll try my best. Most of the time I feel empty, but when I start to think about who I am I have many contradicting thoughts that don't stop for hours. Sometimes it's hard for me to sleep because I can't stop thinking. Things that frequently come to my mind are: "there's something wrong with you, you need help","you haven't suffered nearly as much as other people stop complaining about your life"; "I think I might have something no one else has had or something rare", "you're not special there's nothing wrong with you."
It's like I want to have a mental illness but I don't. Why would I wish to have something that makes life more difficult? It's like I want to have a mental illness for the attention but then I call myself a terrible person for wishing that. It's hard for me to tell if I have something wrong with me or if I just want to have something wrong with me. I also have never told anyone this, because to me that clarifies that I only want attention. I often fantasize about talking about my struggles. I probably spend most of my days living in a fantasy. Nothing in particular, because it changes everyday, but I don't think it's normal to avoid my real life by living in a fake one. If anyone thinks similarly please tell me. I really don't want to be the only person who's like this, because I'd love it if I were special.
littleducks
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:13 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: I have no idea whats wrong with me

Postby Remember Ronni » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:19 am

No one here is qualified to try and diagnose you. And it would be impossible from the little you actually say in your post to even guess. It is also highly unlikely you're special, sorry but there you go. You're human just like the rest of us. If you're concerned about your mental health you need to go speak to a professional be that a therapist or just your doctor. They're the only ones really that can tell you if the symptoms you're having (or not) are symptoms of a mental illness. If it isn't interfering with your daily life etc then It probably isn't anything to worry about. Even normal people have self doubt, shame, embarassing moments, mistakes etc that they can beat themselves up about. It doesn't mean they're mentally ill.

Good luck anyway with it all. I hope you find the answers you're looking for.
Diagnosed with Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder (BPD)
Remember Ronni
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:13 am

Postby somuchwrong » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:37 pm

Hi

I have the same feelings that you have, everything you've just said.
somuchwrong
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:13 am

Postby spider100 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:20 pm

Hello, I have completed 22 round of sun and from the very first day of lockdown I not feeling well , I was thinking that what would I do next in my life. Thinking on this topic day by day I was getting enervate. After that I meet a psychologist and he recommends me for yoga and now I have job and I am happy.
spider100
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:43 pm

Postby Muttonchop » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:00 pm

Having a job can give one a sense of self worth, so congratulations on your new job.
Muttonchop
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:13 am

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post