Our partner

Dealing with a Disturbed Person

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.

Moderator: thegentlepath

*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

Dealing with a Disturbed Person

Postby TopazTopaz » Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:39 pm

Hello, not sure if it is a right place to post this, but I need an advice. A sister of one of my friends is not well. She got gradually got worse in the last 15 years or so. In the past, I didn't have a a lot of interaction with her except from some occasional weird phone calls. However, in the last few months her calls have became more frequent and more bizarre and even with some anger towards me. And now she started calling me in the middle of the night or early mornings. I contacted my friend two times about it and the first time she was apologetic and said she would try to do something about it. And the second time my friend wasn't so cooperative. Any suggestions how it can be stopped, what I can do to make the situation better? Please note the sister calls me my landline and she calls me from different phones. SO it is hard to block her. And I know I can change the phone number, but I had this number for years and there are too many things and people connected with it. Thank you for your responses.
TopazTopaz
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:46 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Dealing with a Disturbed Person

Postby Wally58 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:37 pm

Try a cease-and-desist order or an order of protection with a no-contact clause?
Recordings with time/date stamps would help you prove inappropriate calls at inappropriate times.
I would hand this over to law enforcement.
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
Wally58
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:46 am

Re: Dealing with a Disturbed Person

Postby Remember Ronni » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:28 pm

Call the police. If they have concerns for her mental health then she will hopefully get the care she needs. If you let this continue it might just get worse so please tell someone about this. It might be that no one knows this lady needs help. You would be doing both of you a favour even if it doesn't feel that way right now. And in the meantime keep a log of times and days she calls, the number if it shows on your phone and what she says. Don't speak to her, just hang up the call.
Diagnosed with Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder (BPD)
Remember Ronni
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:46 am

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post