Our partner

My mental disorders

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.

Moderator: thegentlepath

*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

My mental disorders

Postby AndyMcAndrew » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:19 am

Hi everyone it's my first post here. I would like to share my mental disorders just to clarify I have never been at psychiatrist my parents never send me there, in my country is weird when someone needs to go there. I was struggling with mental illness most of my life but l learn how to deal with it. Now I am adult I am married and have a child and starting to think that it's time to do something with it.

I have several mental disorders which I don't even know where they came from. I am strong person and I deal with them without problem but I think average person would struggle.

How to start. First of all I had OCD I manage to overcome it but it just went worse because I developed many weird new syptoms. I feel like my mind is living it's own life and I am just watching. I have trouble with following conversation, movies music etc. I feel like my frontal lobe is blocked dark, I don't have imagination I can't remember faces or anything. Nothing has meaning it's empty my brain can't proces consciously the reality I can't talk to myself in my head the funny thing is that I score high in iq test 127 I am very good at my job and I am a good racer as my hobby everything I learned by repeating without use of contious thought which is basically impossible for me.
I feel stuff that don't existing like I am stuck half way in some weird spiritual world just ignore that during my day. I suspect some brain domage. But I never really had any accident.

The information from my eyes don't if I look with one eye I feel good and calm but when I see with both of my eyes the information don't connect and fight each other which gives me a head ache.

It feels like my mind is doing all of this.

There are more stuff but I think it's enough for now I feel fine I live my life well just can't enjoy it fully because sometimes my brain just don't let me understand.
Kind of feel like I woke up from daydream when get my reality back haha .

Thanks for any ideas I know I should go to professional but I don't even know how to explain it and if he would even believe em.
AndyMcAndrew
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:54 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: My mental disorders

Postby Al07K » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:59 pm

I'm not really sure what it is you are looking for in terms of a response. Are you seeing if people here suggest that you go to speak to someone? I would say if there are mental health problems bothering you then you should go and speak to someone and explain it as best you can. You can even write the things down in some kind of bullet point form and take them with you when you go and speak to someone. Their job is to understand the things you don't think they will understand. They will pick up on minor details about you that you don't even notice they are picking up on.

It's 2020, mental health issues are known world wide now, seeing someone no longer carrys any form of stigma in any way shape or form.
Al07K
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Snaga » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:10 am

Well I have lots of anxiety including OCD, and I can say that in the past my brain has felt as if it were wrapped in cotton, 'brain fog'. Also I have dissociated at times that it does seem as if my body isn't mine, that it is doing whatever needs doing, without my conscious input; I am merely a spectator.

It sounds as if there might be some depersonalization or derealization going on. I agree with Al07K that the absolute best thing would be to speak with a professional about this, this sounds as if it is definitely impacting your life.

Tell someone you love them today, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also terrifying and confusing.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:54 am

Postby AndyMcAndrew » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:31 pm

Thank you for your answers I think it's time to contact professional
AndyMcAndrew
Consumer 0
Consumer 0