Our partner

Looking for Advice: Crawling out of Homelessness

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.

Moderator: thegentlepath

*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

Looking for Advice: Crawling out of Homelessness

Postby TheGuyWithDID » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:06 pm

Hey all. Long time member. Long time non poster lol.

To spare about three hours to details, I have found myself in a pretty crap position. In August 2019 I went into psychoses and despite a "support" group of 6 family members, an 80+ year old psychiatrist, and a soon to be ex wife, I bugged out to the middle of woods with no food, water, or shelter in May 2020. I lived on top of a mountain until August. I have some cool pictures though.

I left a very high paying job and was paying child support at the time (my wife is an accountant and made as much as me, she and the kids are fine). The house sold but I lost all my belongings and all my bills went into collections. It took three months to get on medication because HHS here is @!@@@!. I still don't have food stamps.

The only thing I have is a car. I have no job. No income and have been waiting in the Determination Stage of my SSDI claim. It's been 6 months.... No phone. I'll be homeless again in 18 days but instead of the woods it will be on the streets. I have a case manager will will try to help with that.

My question(s):

1. How did you craw out of homelessness if you once were. Any advice?
2. I need an RV or camper and a truck. How is this obtainable with my now glorious 360 credit score?
3. You ever been sued the AG for back child support while unable to work? What happens?

Mods sorry if this is the wrong board. Msg me or move me.

Thanks all.
TheGuyWithDID
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:27 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post