Our partner

Why did I jump into the cold stream with my clothing on?!

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.

Moderator: thegentlepath

*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

Why did I jump into the cold stream with my clothing on?!

Postby Elian1 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:50 pm

I always had these little quarks that I would always do for the heck of it. I have a certain road that I don't drive on(and close my eyes when someone else drives me on it), a playlist of songs I can't listen to, I even made some art that I won't allow myself to view.

I would make these from odd episodes I'd get. Where I was act impulsive. I would twitch and fall over, I also would always go near water for whatever reason, whether go out in house with all my clothing on randomly and get completely wet, take a shower with the light off and the door open, with my clothing on, or recently jump into a stream completely with my clothing jacket and phone on. I usually did this was listening to music, those songs I compiled into a playlist of songs I can't listen to unless I am having these episodes. I wouldn't drive near those places I acted like that unless I was having these episodes. Even certain phrases would upset me. Or whenever I saw something that had to do with black berries I avoided it a lot.

I always though this was me just being dramatic and theatrical or something but the other night it went too far. I always thought it was me being able to choose whether I do these things but the other night it was like I was no longer in control. Well, idk. Hard to explain.

I was super stress because nobody was paying attention to me, I was literally so invisible that I was paranoid. So I started acting odd, and I knew it was coming on. I fumbled with things and mumbled curses because it was happening again. I couldn't talk very well so I decided to go on a walk and listen to music. I did. I walked down to the stream and jumped into it. It was cold but it all felt so vivid and surreal.

I am beginning to worry that this is something that could get worse and worse and I can't control it. It sounds kind of like some kind of OCD. But I don't know what OCD even is.
Elian1
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:42 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Why did I jump into the cold stream with my clothing on?!

Postby thegentlepath » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:41 pm

Hi Elian1,

Is there a trustworthy adult person in your life you can confide in? Maybe a school counselor? Sometimes it helps a lot just to speak to someone in real life that may have some perspective. It’s worth a shot. Good luck.
thegentlepath
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:42 am
Blog: View Blog (121)

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post