Our partner

survivor of mental illness

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.
*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

survivor of mental illness

Postby laughlin123 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:52 pm

Guys i was abused as a child by a paedophile,won court case.Iv seen the nasty side of life an d i dont like it.Iv grown up bitter and angry.life is ultimately cruel to us humans .I take solace in the fact that there are some good an d kind people.Iv never given up, and fought my illness for years.Now im relatively old,never married no kids.Would never bring a new life into this absurd world.I would prefer now to drink myself into oblivion knowing that this mostly cruel world didnt beat me.Problem is i have someone who loves me, and i cant bear to let here see me go down hill.It scare me but she wants to marry me.Im trying to hang on for her! im proud of seeing this world as it truly is, and no rose tinted glasses needed,and its insanity has caused me great pain.I hang on because i got emotionally involved,any thoughts on my circumstances welcome.
laughlin123
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:41 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: survivor of mental illness

Postby TheGangsAllHere » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:02 am

It's wonderful that you now have someone who loves you. What would probably be best is for you to seek out a therapist who has a lot of experience with treating the effects of severe childhood trauma. They can help you navigate the challenges of a relationship and help you learn how to have a healthy connection with someone.
TheGangsAllHere
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:41 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: survivor of mental illness

Postby weepingwillow » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:26 am

laughlin123 wrote:Guys i was abused as a child by a paedophile,won court case.Iv seen the nasty side of life an d i dont like it.Iv grown up bitter and angry.life is ultimately cruel to us humans .I take solace in the fact that there are some good an d kind people.Iv never given up, and fought my illness for years.Now im relatively old,never married no kids.Would never bring a new life into this absurd world.I would prefer now to drink myself into oblivion knowing that this mostly cruel world didnt beat me.Problem is i have someone who loves me, and i cant bear to let here see me go down hill.It scare me but she wants to marry me.Im trying to hang on for her! im proud of seeing this world as it truly is, and no rose tinted glasses needed,and its insanity has caused me great pain.I hang on because i got emotionally involved,any thoughts on my circumstances welcome.

Can u access therapy? You obvs have someone there who cares about you! If you can't try for yourself atm try for them x

Willow
Happiness is like a butterfly which, when pursued, is always beyond our grasp, but, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne
weepingwillow
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:41 am
Blog: View Blog (8)

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post