Our partner

I feel so lost, why is that?

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.
*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

I feel so lost, why is that?

Postby Blaport » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:28 am

I know I need to seek out professional help in this point in my life because I feel lost, I have already experienced bad thoughts of wanting to stop the emotional and psychological pain and cease to exist altogether. I could barely soothe the agony I was experiencing, and I suffer from anxiety and depression – an ongoing condition for practically ever since adolescence to varying degrees. The trigger was a rejection from someone I like very much and still do. It hit me so hard because we slept together hugged and cuddled and I realized I want that feeling so much in my life right now. I want to wake up every day clutched around his arms. I am addicted to this feeling so much, that I am constantly on a quest for satiating this craving and longing for physical intimacy. I cannot fathom the reasons for this deep excruciating agony whenever I feel romantically rejected. I lack self-confidence, self-love, and motivation. I am sitting in my home for almost 2 years escaping for myself and from reality at my parent's home. I do not work, and I have no prospects and I have zero responsibilities for my life, and I feel inadequate and lost. I am an intelligent guy and possibly I am conscious of this pattern. I am stuck in a loop and I lack any confidence as to how to act forward and I feel like life has no meaning for me or at all. The only way I feel truly blessed and happy, if only for a little, is in the arms of another person. There I feel somewhat calm and safe – knowing that someone loves me and can fill the void of unhappiness in my life. This is such a victim approach to life that is so innate to me and I lack the courage to change it because I feel that if I do I wouldn't be able to withstand the anxiety and the overwhelming feelings that come with that. This fear is so paralyzing. Above all that I cannot decide what do I want to do in life – it is so hard. How can I untangle all this problem? Why can't I just decide and accept a decision? I am stuck in a fantasy world where I feel spiritually elated – whenever I hear music or stay in nature. But then I wake up to the reality which is grey and frustrating for me and requires dealing with a lot of frustration, of which I feel incapable to deal with. My mind is cluttered, and I do not know how to at further.
Blaport
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:05 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post