Our partner

Struggling in the covid world

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.
*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

Struggling in the covid world

Postby cpsp4207 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:07 am

I'm losing it.
I don't go out often anyway, but when I do... it's so hard.
Not because I'm afraid to get sick, I could care less. I think everyone is overreacting.
But the masks

The masks are killing me

Faceless people.
Suffocation.

Wearing a mask is killing me. I do not want to. It is mentally breaking me.
And then seeing all the faceless people... like my nightmares.
I can't take it much longer
cpsp4207
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:38 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Struggling in the covid world

Postby heracles » Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:12 am

Masks and the lockdown are a farce and a charade. Check out Pamela Popper, Vernon Coleman and lots of others who deconstruct all this nonsense. Only wear a mask when and where you absolutely have to. They're not healthy. It's intuitively obvious.
Intermittent, intense angst & sensucht . Covert somatic narcissism/Pseudo-Body-Dysmorphia. Secret, languid schizoid. Dysthymia. Gerascaphobia. Dorian Gray Syndrome. Avoidant. Iatraphobia. Psychiatraphobia. Self-Indentified. Just traits? High on the spectrum? Full blown? Doesn't matter to me. Not on meds. INTJ.
heracles
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:38 am
Blog: View Blog (9)

Postby Oblivion » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:21 pm

“Ignorance will often fade given time, you have to work hard to remain stupid…”
― James Qualls
Oblivion
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:38 pm

Postby Wally58 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:57 am

We have to wear the mask all the time during the 10 hour workday. It is difficult to talk to coworkers with the 6 foot (2m) rule.
Look at the eyes and the mask will no longer be noticed.
Best of luck to you. :D
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
Wally58
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:38 pm

Postby Gomba13 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:51 pm

I believe any comment that criticizes mask policy and mask use by others is pointless. If there are rules/directives/laws in place that make mask use mandatory, our opinion really makes no difference.

I hear you, and you are definitely not alone. While for most of us, it’s just annoying, for a not so small minority, it is truly a problem. The best thing you can do is probably find ways to cope. If there are places where you live that are outside and where you are not required to use a mask, go to those places often. Try using a visor instead of a mask. As suggested above, focus on the eyes, that’s where facial expression is concentrated anyway. Try to imagine the rest of the face. Obviously, imagine smiles and not frowns.

If you have an anxiety disorder, panic disorder, paranoid personality, OCD, schizophrenia or if you are at risk of psychosis, talk to a professional. Try to get psychological support, but if not, a change of medication might also help.

All the best!
Gomba13
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:38 pm

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post