Our partner

Does anybody else notice double meanings in what some people

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.

Moderator: thegentlepath

*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

Does anybody else notice double meanings in what some people

Postby urmandru » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:06 pm

First of all, if this is in the wrong section please let me know and I'll change the community to something more appropriate but I have a feeling this may be related to psychosis but I could be wrong.

Basically, I have this experience quite often, especially if I have smoked cannabis, where I would be talking to someone about anything and though I can see the conversation for what it is on its baseline level, there does seem to be this other layer to the conversation where we're also simultaneously communicating on a deeper level about thing's that we would otherwise not want to talk about explicitly. Therefore, it's almost as if the conversation is taking on a particular disguise in order to communicate something deeper.

Coupled with this is this undercurrent awareness of why people are behaving certain ways in reaction to this deeper, unspoken presence that nobody wants to call out, so we all tip-toe around it through other means.

I hope I have explained this okay, I'm sorry, it's quite difficult to articulate because I'm so shocked by the whole thing and I'm just reaching out to others to see if anybody can relate in any shape or form.

Thanks all!
Last edited by Snaga on Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to Living With Mental Illness (general subjects) forum, no other changes
urmandru
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:29 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Does anybody else notice double meanings in what some people

Postby Western » Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:33 pm

I think it's the weed.
For mash get Smash
Western
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:29 pm

Postby Relrel888 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:41 am

Yes. I made an account to reply to this. This happened to me before. It was so bizarre. But it was so cool how everything would have this hidden meaning and it flowed so well. I couldn’t do it right now to show someone to save my life. One day it just stopped..
Relrel888
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:29 am

Postby niv » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:27 am

I have experienced this as well. Usually with people I can communicate well with.
niv
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:29 am

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post