Our partner

My psychiatrist lies to me

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.

Moderator: thegentlepath

*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

My psychiatrist lies to me

Postby anonymouswom » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:46 pm

My psychiatrist told me that every man likes to fantasize about dominating a woman, and I know he was lying. He always does that, lies and then when I ask him "why did you say that?" he tells me that he never said that.
I knew he was lying, but I keep asking myself how many times did he lie to me.
I don't know what to do. I have no one to talk to, my family doesn't like me and does not like talking to me, I have no friends, and I have a lot of questions, and the only person I trusted was my psychiatrist, if he lies to me, what do I do?
I know what you are probably thinking, "find another psychiatrist". But what if the other psychiatrist starts lying to me too? I will not be able to recognize the lies.
anonymouswom
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:55 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: My psychiatrist lies to me

Postby BorNor » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:05 am

Hi anonymouswom,

It must be hard, the situation you are in... And I think there is no easy answer to your question - who can you trust and how to find that person.
Instead of giving you advice let me share with you my personal experience.
7 years ago, after a breakup I had a very hard time in my life. I realized that I can't trust the people (my family, my friends) who were supposed to support me. It felt like dissolving in the middle of huge emptiness without anything to hold onto.
I started to see a therapist, but it just didn't get better. After half a year I gave it up and left therapy.
But I knew that I can't handle this alone. So some months later I contacted another therapist. Even if I was anxious about our meeting, after the first session I felt much optimist about dealing with my $hit.

We are all unique and we all need different people to make us feel good. But if it doesn't feel good, I think you are not in the right place. I wish you courage to find the people who you need!
BorNor
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:55 pm

Re: My psychiatrist lies to me

Postby Aerix » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:08 am

1) If you're able to recognize it with this one, why wouldn't you be able to with another? You might be.

2) This one isn't helping you, and sounds rather toxic / gaslighty, so either you stay where you are or you take a chance on a new one. Those are your options. Find the courage to keep searching for the right one.
Aerix
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:55 pm

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post