Our partner

I went to the doctor this morning

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.

Moderator: thegentlepath

*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

I went to the doctor this morning

Postby cinnamoncookie » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:23 am

and she really made a point out of it how my physical issues were probably caused by mental illness, which she only knew I had because of my file, I didn't bring it up or acted all neurotic or hypochondriacal or anything.

I'm not even diagnosed with anything anxiety related. I never go to the doctor because there's very rarely anything wrong with my health. I pointed out to her I didn't feel like she was taking me very seriously because she kept mentioning I'm mentally ill even though that has absolutely nothing to do with why I went to see her. I even gave her a bunch of opportunities to just say I should come back after a couple of weeks if the issue wasn't resolved by then. But to no avail.

I thought this was especially hypocritical since she's a fat cow and looked like she could do a little cheering up herself.

Anyone else got a story about their doctor being a dick?
cinnamoncookie
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:11 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: I went to the doctor this morning

Postby Manners73 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:18 am

I very rarely go to the doctor's because I very rarely have physical ailments but when I have been I have found them less than useless.

Had one doctor many years ago who told me to stop taking my antidepressants, like instantly. I took no notice of course and I never went back to see her.
England's Glory
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:11 pm

Postby Esmoke » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:02 am

I have had DR. Be dicks, went to the emergency room and twisted my knee up and I guess nothing was torn and he said it’s fine so I asked what was the thing poking out in the middle that wasn’t there before he said looks like a normal human knee to him. Unreal, no pain meds nothing

With that said, I don’t know what the issue is but if it doesn’t go away keep going back and make an issue if it, someone will look at it again. Sometimes I think they do this just to see if it’s really an issue or if you can get through it, but for most things that you can’t fix with meds or needs surgery there really isn’t much a Dr. will do for you.
Just another sock puppet in a dancing children’s show for the amusement of the masses
Esmoke
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:11 pm

Postby saucygirl31 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:31 pm

mental health doctors usually nice to me bcuz they want me to comply

pediatrician was also very nice

adult doctor was good too

physical therapist - very nice

worst is probably my therapist lol but i like her