Our partner

Mother Acting so weird

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.
*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

Mother Acting so weird

Postby bellic007 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:04 pm

Mother is acting so weird from her real behaviour.Like a very Big character change.Nowadays she is acting to me like a feminist or not that even a feminazi.she started to fight off m brothers friends from our house by saying She hates guys.And also shewas now making Things up and always abusing me and my brother by saying we are losers because we don't have an ability to marry girls.or that no girl will love us.She is saying girls are s worthy in the present generation and we want to be so perfect an we need to change out while self and she alsosays that see are losersif we don't follow her rules.
I actually don't know wrong with her.My father was a narcisstic type person.and He always used to shame her all during his lifetime.And I think my mother was frustrated about that.MyMyother was now acting like a poison and always reading and shaming us.
Everytime whenever a conversation comes she teases us about how ugly we are .She is saying this over Andover and it feels like she really hates us about things we cannot change.
I am so sad abou my brother because he was going through a bad time.because she always degrades him compared him with other guys.She was crying all the time and saying why we can't understand her.I feel so scary.
She is crying and crying and all.I am so sad.I already have depression because ofJoblessnes.I am trying hard for an exam and it is so difficult now.I am too much depressed.
Dx Body Dysmorphic Disorder
Self diagnosed Dissociative Disorder
bellic007
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Mother Acting so weird

Postby thegentlepath » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:59 pm

Hi bellic007,
I’m sorry you & your brother are being verbally & emotionally abused by your mother. That must be difficult to bear on top of your mental illness. I’m not an expert, but your post made me think of a condition called caregiver burnout.

The internet describes it thusly:

“Caregiver burnout is a state of physical, emotional and mental exhaustion. It may be accompanied by a change in attitude, from positive and caring to negative and unconcerned. Burnout can occur when caregivers don't get the help they need, or if they try to do more than they are able, physically or financially.”

Your mother may find a support group for caregivers helpful. You may find a support group for mental illness helpful. I attended a support group for mental illness through an organization called NAMI & found it helpful to me. NAMI stands for the National Alliance on Mental Illness.

Good luck.
thegentlepath
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:10 am
Blog: View Blog (110)

Re: Mother Acting so weird

Postby JackDoe » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:58 pm

That's unfortunate to hear, i hope you find a way to manage it. stay strong.
JackDoe
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:10 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post